#3 How he comforts you

Harry: ‘Hey… Shhht… You’re okay. Shhht.’ He mutters in your hair while wrapping his arms protectively and firmly around you. He lifts you up gently and carries your crying body to the bedroom. You’re strangled by your tears. You can’t get anything out of your throat. The only thing you can do is gripping yourself onto his shirt. And when he wants to lay you down on the bed, he softly tries to loosen your grip on him with his own hands. ‘I’m not going anywhere… You can let go baby.’ He reassures you and you feel your fingers relax. ‘I’m not going anywhere…’ He whispers one last time before he crawls in bed with you and instinctively pulls you into his chest, where you can safely cry for as long as you want to.

Louis: He finds you lying on the bathroom floor. It is something you do when you’re sad. It’s like you want to make it even harder for yourself to cry in such an uncomfortable place. And most people will call you crazy, but he kneels down and lays himself beside you. He grabs your hand and squeezes it in a soft and soothing way. His voice fills the room with so much emotion and compassion in it, and yet something strong, what tells you that he’s there and he’ll listen. ‘What happened?’ He says so quiet you can hardly hear it, but you do… And it’s enough.

Niall: You try your best to hide it every time. You try to hide it by slipping out of bed at night, and sit yourself on the porch outside to look at the stars and wish for a better day tomorrow. But he senses it. He knows it. And there is never a minute that passes before he wraps his arms around your from behind. ‘You’re not okay…’ He states, making every deny, from your side, disappear into nothing. And then the tears start to fall and he’s there to hold you close and to kiss your tears away. Every single one of them.

Zayn: He grabs your wrist and pulls you close, while you are doing anything in your power to free yourself. His arms have a steady grip on you and never let go. And you push and hit his chest, just to make him let go of you, until he says the words what make you surrender. ‘Stop trying to make me leave. It’s not going to work.’ He speaks in such a calm, confident tone. And from the moment your body stops, his grip gets even tighter because he knows you’re going to break down. And he is there to catch you. Always.

Liam: You are very good at bottling everything up inside. Until you explode. And one tiny moment can define the explosion. But he’s always ready. Even when he caused it, he’s always ready to pick up the pieces and mend you together again. And while you cry in his arms, letting out all the emotions of the last weeks or months, he smiles. He smiles because he knows you need this. He knows you need this to get better again. ‘You’re going to be fine, baby.’ He whispers in your hair, while he rubs your back and holds you close to his chest, where he’ll let you stay, for as long as you need it.