Chapter 2: Onii-chan

Chapter 2:

Onii-chan

"That guy is still living, even with a huge hole in his stomach!"

At this point, Law's eyes widen with disbelief.

It can't be, he thought, It just can't be.

"I-Is it true?" Law asked in a grave but low voice that sounded almost like a deep whisper.

"It's the truth!" the elevator made a 'ding' sound and the steel door slowly opens revealing a gruesome sighting, "That guy is dying, but is still fighting to live! With that hole in his now see-through stomach anyone could die!"

He then adds as he stepped out wit Law following him from behind, "It just doesn't make sense! That is why Dr. Kureha asked me to bring you down here and take on the dying man, she has faith in your capabilities!"

Law looked over to his surroundings as he followed Shachi through the ER. The color of the crimson color can be seen anywhere in sight. The injured of the Blackbeard and Marine war were put into beds but some were lying down the floor and only a pillow to make themselves comfy just a little bit.

Many lost an arm or a leg and many were in their worst of the worst state in their whole life. Nurses uniform that are supposed to be as white as snow are now tinted with a huge amount of blood made them look like cosplays for halloween.

Law thought that he should probably focus on what problem lies ahead of him, though it's probably the man Shachi mentioned to him. It was unbelievable but interesting. 'A man was saved because of his own will to live' does sound funny but being able to witness this first-handedly makes the statement lose it's meaning.

Own will or miracle?

Or is there something that has to be done before the man can finally rest in his bed of roses? No one knows the answer of both questions, but there is always a way to find out. The problem is, which way and how?

Law heard the sirens of incoming ambulances and readied to brace himself. The ambulance parked itself infront of the entrance and a nurse quickly opened the door to reveal the unnamed man.

"Law!" Penguin called out to him from inside the ambulance as he slowly got out and helped carry the equipments. Law did not need to be reminded to help especially during these occasions, he quickened his pace and swifly took out the hospital bed out of the ambulance along with other people's help.

Law couldn't help but gawk at his wide and open stomach.

That man is still living even with a huge hole in his stomach, and his innards being burnt you would die the second you felt the pain. Not to mention he had lost gallons of blood, still, if this was any other person then definetely he or she would die.

Could Law be able to save this despairing and dying man? Honestly, he's not so sure either, but for the sake of giving him what he deserves as his body and soul held on to the aggraviating pain until know, he will put his skills to the test and vowed to himself that he must save this man's life at all costs. There's something in him that made him want to give it his all to the most fullest potiental. It was an absolute bizarre feeling but that's what his guts tell him. There was something so familiar to him yet not really that Law couldn't quite figure it out, but before time has passed too long he needs to be serious and focused to the patient than his own thoughts right now. There's no time let to loose, this guy's already hanging on the edge of the line. He needs to make it fast and get him up in no time.

"Hastened your pace and follow Penguin-ya's direction!" Penguin took a glimpse at Law before his face shifted into something more determined and solemn. As the nurse ready their position, Las climbed up the bed so that he can easily work on top of him. He nodded to Penguin and the hospital bed moved quickly than Law thought, that he almost lost his balance and fell off the bed.