Prologue

Here's the prologue hope you guys enjoy it! Special thanks to @WeAreAHurricane for the amazing cover! Please check out her book Jessie's Girl!

-Sophie

Prologue:

"Mommy! Tell us the story about the girl again!" the small girl pouted with her arms crossed.

"I don't want to hear that story!" her twin brother said defiantly. "I want hear about the strong Prince. Who slaughtered the most mightiest dragons," the little boy suggested.

"No, mom no! Liam got to hear all about his dragon slayer, now it's my turn!" Lea, the small girl whined.

"Okay, Liam it's your sister turn, to hear about the Sleeping Beauty..."

"Once upon a time, in a vast kingdom of which went by the name of Cartarlyn. There lived a powerful king named Stephan, and a beautiful queen named Lucinda. They had been longing for a child for long sum of years. Then, on a glorious day queen Lucinda gave birth to a daughter that brought sunshine into their lives so they named her after the dawn, her name was Aurora.

The kingdom had a grand celebration to celebrate the birth of the new heir to the throne. People came from far and wide to see the new princess. She was betrothed to Prince Thomas of the neighboring kingdom to unite there kingdoms together. People all the lands brought gifts to the new princess.

The main event was when the princess was to be blessed by the 4 good fairies Katerina, Celeste, Krista, and Clara. The first fairy up was Katerina who blessed her with beauty and grace. Celeste blessed her with the gift of song. Krista blessed her with the gift of wisdom, and when Clara was to give her gift to little Aurora until the evil and vain Maleficent entered.

"Quite a ceremony you are throwing here King Stephan," Maleficent said. "I was waiting for an invitation-," she added before she was interrupted by Krista the boldest and out spoken good fairy. "Well, you weren't invited," she spat at Maleficent. She laughed a cynical laugh. "I think I shall leave then," Maleficent said. "You aren't offended?" Queen Lucinda asked.

"Why no your majesty, to show you that there is no harm done I too shall set a gift on the child to." She said everyone had a look of horror on their faces for they knew that Maleficent was up to no good. "Before the sun will set on her 16th birthday she shall prick her finger on the point of a spinning wheel and die." Maleficent said laughing sadistically and setting a curse on the poor child.

"Guards take her away!" King Stephan said. Before anyone set a hand on Maleficent she disappeared in a dark mist. The queen wept for her child that she might not be able to see he offspring or her kingdom. "Do not despair my Queen. Clara still hasn't given her gift." Katerina spoke up. People looked at Clara for hope.

"I can't take away the curse but, I reverse the spell." She said and she thought carefully. "Instead of her dying she will fall into a deep slumber. The kiss of true love will awaken her. If she doesn't fall in love in time destiny will take its course." Clara the last good fairy said.

They curse did in fact happened and the kingdom was sadden. Some say she woke up and some say she is still waiting asleep.

"Where is she waiting?" The little girl Lea asked as she listened to her mother tells her and her twin brother Liam story. "Some say she waiting in a hidden place that is to appear to the destined one on a blood red moon. That person will be the person to put an end to the evil Maleficent," Morgana added.

The children listened in awe at the old fairytale. Morgana gave each of her children a kiss on the cheek and kissed them good night.