Black Flames.

Mizuki's POV

I walked into the liquor store, strolling up and down the aisles stuffing candy and chips into my backpack cautiously whenever I saw something I liked. After grabbing one last box of Pocky and a can of soda I took a step towards the exit door when the alarm suddenly went off. Without a second thought I bolted out the store.

"Come back here punk!" The clerk shouted angrily.

I looked back at him over my shoulder and saw that he was aiming something at me. I narrowed my eyes at the object as the sound of a gun being fired rang in my ears. An unexpected sharp pain injected itself into my left leg, slowing me down.

"Shit." I mumbled to myself.

Dark red blood dripped from my leg, leaving a trail behind me as I continued to run forward. The faster I got away, the sooner I could finally eat. I could practically hear my stomach begging for food at this point because I haven't eaten anything all day. While I was running I bumped into someone and lost my balance.

Another bullet was fired out of no where almost hitting my arm. I regained my balance swiftly and turned around, seeing the same store clerk from before. I let out a long sigh and walked towards him, meeting him half way. He slouched in front of me, gripping the gun in his grasp tightly with his finger at the trigger. A small smirk spread across my face. I was going to let him off the hook, but now he's pissed me off.

"Hand me your backpack now, you little shit!" He yelled in a raucous voice.

Despite his struggle to maintain his balance and how he slurred his words I could tell the man had one too many beers by the strong, bitter stench coming from his breath. It almost made me want to vomit.

"Why should I listen to you?" I growled in annoyance.

"I'll shoot you again if I have to punk! I ain't scared to! You've been stealing from my store for the past week and I ain't letting it slide this time!"

He rose his gun up which made my smirk widen even more.

"I don't like when people tell me what to do." I spoke in a bored tone.

I snapped my fingers as my body became swallowed by dark flames in a matter of seconds. My eye color had changed from light brown to jet black.

"Shoot." I shrugged.

His hand now trembled with fear, and without hesitating he pulled the trigger hoping it would hit me. I watched the bullet come flying towards my face only to be melted by the flame surrounding me. I chuckled at how stupid he was. I pulled one of my lower eyelids down and stuck my tongue out at him.

"Nyaaah!" I taunted.

The expression on his face suddenly changed when his eyes widened as he backed away, tripping on his own feet and falling to the ground. The confidence that I saw gleam in his eyes just a second ago was now replaced with terror and fright.

"Y-you monster!" He cried out.

My eyes widened for a moment and I clenched my fists and teeth tightly. I was done toying around with this nuisance. The flames around me only continued to grow until a warm, gentle hand was laid onto my shoulder catching me off guard.

"Don't be so reckless." The deep voice spoke lowly.

My flames immediately dispersed as I slapped the hand away from me. I turned around and met the familiar crimson red eyes of Mikoto, the third king. A group of people stood behind him listening intently to see what I have to say. I assumed they were his clansmen.

"Tch. Mind your own business." I glared, completely forgetting about the guy who just tried to kill me.

"Don't you dare disrespect the red king like that!" A boy with a hood over his head called out furiously.

"Shut up." Mikoto snapped with a stern look on his face.

He swept me off my feet suddenly and lifted me up bridal style. He began walking and the others followed behind with puzzled looks on their faces.

"What the hell are you doing?" I murmured.

He glanced down and I did the same. I remembered there was a bullet in my leg. How could I even forget? The wound had stopped bleeding but it was still in pretty bad shape.

"Does it hurt?" Mikoto asked in a monotonous voice.

"No. Put me down." I grumbled.

"Hn."

He let me down like he was told and all I managed to do was stumble back into him. He let out a grunt and closed his eyes.

"Yata, carry her back to Homra. I have something to do. Take care of her wound first." Mikoto ordered one of his clansmen.

"C-can someone else carry her?" A boy stammered.

I directed my attention towards the person known as Yata. He looked about my age and wore a beanie on top of his chestnut colored hair making his soft, hazel eyes stand out. He wore headphones around his neck and dressed in baggy clothing while he stood on a skateboard. A faint blush formed on his cheeks when he noticed me staring at him. Mikoto handed me over to Yata ignoring his question before leaving. The boy lifted me up carefully like I was a newborn and laid me against a wall. He tore a piece of fabric from his shirt and wrapped it tightly around my injury.

"You didn't have to do that." I stated.

"Oh n-no! I-I wanted to." He stuttered out again.

"Yeah, well don't start falling for me." I said sarcastically.

"I'm not!" He blurted out as his face became flushed.

"Yata's a pussy!" Someone from the group yelled.

"Shut the fuck up!" Yata barked, glaring at the group of boys beside us.

I rolled my eyes and was taken aback when he lifted me up from the ground. A sweet, intoxicating scent filled my nose as the warmth of his body comforted me, calming me down a bit. I wrapped my arms around his neck and laid my head against his chest, drained of energy. I felt like I never wanted to leave his arms, but I knew for a fact I would never admit that to myself as I snuggled into him. My eyelids slowly began to shut.

"U-uhm..." His voice softened when he spoke to me.

"Just stop talking before I kill you." I mumbled before drifting to sleep.

______________________________________

My first ever fanfiction on Wattpad! :) Don't forget to comment, vote, and follow me for more! I would like to hear some feedback on my first chapter. Thanks a lot, loves. <3 I dedicated this to KawaiixTsundere because when I read her story after finishing the K Project I wanted to write a fanfiction for Yata. :)