Chapter 13: Slytherin Greeting

I realized how focused I am on Unforgivable (expect a LONG chapter) so I challenge myself to write a chapter for this story until it's time for me to leave and I'll probably polish it off tomorrow.

After the family cuddle feast ended Bellatrix summoned a warm wet cloth to wipe Harrison's face and get rid of any remaining tears.

"Is everyone just about ready for the party?" Tom questions as he gathers the family's robes. "We've been taking so long I wouldn't be surprised if they probably started without us."

"Party, daddy?" the little boy looks questioningly at his father. 

"Yes, my Little Prince. This is a little welcome party for the first years to get to know everyone. We had another one a few days ago for all the other years. You probably don't remember much of that do you?" Harry only shakes his head before reaching towards Tom and waving to Bella and Cissa. 

The family starts heading out until Severus notices that Lucius is lagging a bit behind the group.

"It everything alright, Blondie?" 

"Everything is coming together," he states with a wistful look. "I have a beautiful wife and an amazing husband."

"That you do," Severus snorts

"And now we have two beautiful children... at least you and Bellatrix have two." Lucius turns his head in embarrassment, ashamed that he feels slightly left out.

"Is that why you seem all mopey? Because our baby boy hasn't called you papa yet? the slightly younger man teases.

"I just remember how scared he was of me. You should've seen his face when I found out that he made me free Dobby. Of course, I was angry more for show than anything, but he showed true fear. I scared our baby and now he barely looks at me." Lucius looks close to tears and Severus realizes how serious he is.

"Luci, Harrison will warm up to you. Just look at me for reference. I made his school life hell for the last two years and now he's calling me daddy. You'll get your chance soon just hang in there."

"Thank you, Sev. I trust you." Lucius visibly pulls himself together. "Now let's go to the party."

When the pair arrives to the portrait leading to the Slytherin common room they quickly realize that all that reassurance was for not.

Harrison sits stiffly in his grandfather's lap as the other patrons in the room mingle amoung themselves. The first years cast a few questioning glances at the boy but after a brief, but quiet explanation things start to become more relaxed.

"Can I hold him?" yet another 7th year comes up to Tom and asks. "He's just do precious."

"I understand your excitement but I don't think he's comfortable enough to be away from family right now," he repeats the same speech he said not 5 minutes before. "This party is ment for him to get to know everyone. He has spent the last 2 years thinkibg us Snakes are evil."

"I understand, Lord Slytherin. We can show the little tyke how amazing Slytherin house is." Before Tom is able to stop him, the student leans down and tickles Harry's tummy. The adults hold their breathes in anticipation to the Little's breakdown. There's no way Harry would be alright with a stranger touching him.

To their complete shock Harry actually giggles and twists away from the hands.

"No," he tries to sound indignant but is unable to hide his smile. The female population all coo at the adorable sight he makes while the seventh year takes his leave to join up with the rest of his friends.

"Is my boy ticklish?"

"Nuh uh," Harry denies.

"So he wouldn't mind if I do this," Tom starts furiously moving his fingers up and down Harry's rib cage and sides. Harry sheiks with laughter. After half a minute of this torture he can't take it any longer and calls out to the first person that pops into his head.

"Mama, help!"