'I Don't Care If You're Contagious' 2

The coldness seeped through his jacket as he fought his way through the icy December snow. Ash tucked his chin safely into his coat, letting his hair hang over his face to shield him from the coldness. He looked up at the dark sky and eyed the far away horizon ahead of him, the sun was barely up and already a fresh new wave of snow started to gently fall. A wave of cold air hit him and he shuddered. School was just not one of his things, especially considering the fact that he had to walk ten blocks from Shi's apartment to get there.

Miranda’s face popped into his mind randomly, Miranda, his girlfriend of a year, since about a month after the accident. He didn’t know why he had said yes when she’d asked him out, he guessed he had just been lonely and had needed some sort of comfort. He knew that she would be all over him about how he needed to sleep and shit. He could lie to her, but the dark circles around his eyes had gotten worse this past month, he looked paler then ever.

It was those damn nightmares that plagued him, night after night he'd dream about the accident. He couldn't get their dead faces out of his mind. Last night’s was worse; he woke up in a cold sweat trembling from head to toe. He saw the mother in his dream, she was holding her dead baby in her arms singing softly to the dead fetus. The bottom of her light blue dress was caked with the blood. Ash shook his head at the nightmare, at this point he'd need a damn guardian angel to save him from his next suicide attempt, because this time he WAS NOT going to listen to Shilo.

Shire High came into view, teenagers crowded the front of the school in packs. Some had coffee in their hands while others had cigarettes. They were all laughing, some madly in love, others simply living in the moment. They all had something Ash wished he had...happiness.

He tucked his head lower into his jacket trying to disappear so no one would see him, but, no dice. A huge crowd of kids rushed over to him, hollering his name and patting him on the back, asking him how he was and what he was going to do this weekend.

Ash felt a sudden stab of anxiety, he hated to be crowded. He stopped walking and was about to tell everyone to just ' fuck off' when he felt slender, warm hands wrap around his cold neck.

Warm heat blew against his ear as lips gently grazed his ear lobe, it was Miranda.

" Hey baby, what up?" She said. Her voice was soft as velvet, which he guessed was one of the main reasons that he was attracted to her, that and her coal black curly hair and emerald green eyes.

Ash slowly released some of the tension in his body and simply shrugged. He wrapped his arm around her slender waist and began to lead her towards the school.

" Don’t even think of trying to hide behind your eyes, behind the lies Ash...I can see through you."

Ash shivered and eyed Miranda and the way she said, “I can see through you.” He ignored the simple, meaningless words, and right on queue the bell for first class rung. Ash kissed Miranda fast and walked away, head down, avoiding looking into anyone’s face as he made his way to his locker. He saw a mess of black curly hair and quickened his pace.

" Hey Shi, how are things?" Ash asked slowly, using his words carefully.

He mentally slapped himself for thinking and sinking into his emotions.

Shi eyed him from head to toe and held up her hands dramatically, Ash knew what was coming and started to fiddle with his locker combo while listening to Shi rant about his appearance.

"Okay... Wow, what the fuck happened to you over night? You look like you ran into a male stripper gone wild, who huffed a shit load of coke and had one hell of a hard boner, basically my friend, you look f-u-c-k-e-d."