The kings daughter

yes this is unedited if someone would like to edit for me let me know this is in progress and ill see how it goes

Read on!

Prologue

Running through the dark caverns, hearing my feet bounce off the pavement, the heavy breathing so close behind you knowing your one and only escape is to reach the tunnel entrance.

Feeling hands wrap around your arm as you pass a shadowy turn, suppressing your scream.  I look into the most amazing blue eyes, practically giving ouff their own light, dark hair tossed shagged back, his gaze piercing your very soul, and in that moment feeling your world shift, and everything click into place as you know you found your soul mate, but how can that be, when your soul mate is the very reason your stuck in this godforsaken hell, your tormentor, captor, your fate.

Chapter 1

Im Scarlett, eldest daughter of the king, first to be put up for a arranged marriage, and most miserable girl in the world, im only 19 how can it be time to get married my life will be over, ill give up my freedom, my life, my essence to a unknown husband, this isnt true love, its not right.

Not that ive known true love, but how am i to ever have the chance when im being carted off for the unknown, my marriage isnt even to take place here!  I have to travel to "his" castle my friends and family wont even be there, ill be lucky to ever see them again, how could father do this to me.  Im even being forced to travel through the dark Forrest, they know what dwells there, evil, witches, monsters, the devil himself!  The only good part is taking my beloved daemon, with out him id be lost, hes been mine since childhood, he picked me out of everyone, were only supposed to receive ours when we turn 18, but mine, he choose me when i was 5, my only friend, confidant, everything, with out him id be lost.

Hes allowed to go with me, they have no choice really i suppose, the only way to separate us is death, and lets just say no one is eager for that option, for some reason my daemon and i have a special bond not like the normal ones, normal people and their daemons can be banished, they'd already tried that with us against both of our wills, i was unconscious for a week, and father wasn't happy with that.  The elders said they had never seen such a thing, that the invisible lines that tied us together were thick, unbreakable, and the elders were worried.  Father was even more worried, what if my future husband rejected me because of this bond, what would happen, hed never be able to to pawn me off then, and nothing is worse then having a unwed daughter.

My daemon wouldnt speak either, it never has, only to me in my head, and no one could understand, they thought he was broken, useless, but only i knew how amazing he was, he was magic, he could do more the protect and shadow me, he was special.  Wen i was sad, he made me happy, whether it be glowing flowers, or odd fruits from far off places, he always knew what to do, the nights when i was still a young maiden, and others made fun of me for my raven hair, he was there, comforting me, telling me my hair was beautiful.  Other girls in the kingdom didint have such a dark almost purple shade, their hair didint stay board straight no matter how many servants curled it, it didint grow nearly as fast it was almost like my hair had a mind of its own, ever since i was a small girl.  So why they were shocked we couldnt be separated i dont know.  He was the closest id even known to real love.  And here we were in a carriage heading off to my impending future of a loveless marriage, it was getting dark and the Forrest was getting more sinister as we went we still had hours before we reached my soon to be husbands kingdom and i met him, and we were already stopping for the night.  the guards were under strict instructions not come into my carriage to not bother me under any circumstances, and they had been following the orders to the letter, one thing i can say about my father he knew how to instill fear to his people when he needed to.

I had everything inside i needed food, clothes and drink for the trip, so i sat in the carriage as i heard the guards starting up the fire for the night and eating and drinking a bit of wine, its not everyday you get to be away from the castle and strict orders, so i dont blame them a bit for letting loose a little.  My daemon looked on with a disapproving glare though as i pulled him closer to me, whispering it was ok, little did i know how truly wrong i was.