First

FIRST

                                            I'm getting tired and I need somewhere to begin.

Ryan Madden

The sunlight sneaked past the white netting that was my curtains and bounced of every flat surface in my room before landing on my exposed face. I groaned, reluctant to get up, I rolled over onto my stomach and buried my face in my pillow. It wouldn’t be long before my alarm clock starts screaming at me to get up and my little sister, Sophie, would come rushing in, bouncing up and down on my bed, shrieking at me to get up because and I quote ‘it’s a brand new fun, fun day!’ It was a dull Monday morning in the small town of Crestwood and you know what that means, right?

It’s time to go to school.

The second thing that attempted to wake me up was my alarm clock, and as predicted, it started to beep erratically, its screams echoing through around the square that is my room. I finally gave in, admitting defeat and slamming my hand down on the silence button before dragging myself out of bed. I rubbed the sleep out of my eyes and peeked at the alarm clock, it read: 6:30 am. My eyebrows furrowed and I picked it up, hitting it a few times to see if there was something wrong with it. I could’ve sworn I set it for seven I mentally muttered to myself, and then sighed inwardly as I recalled the last conversation with my mother.

“Ryan, I want you up and at ‘em tomorrow” my mother said as she brushed through my little sister’s brown curls. Her little face creased up as my mother attempts to brush through a knot in her hair.

“I set my alarm for seven” I told her, dropping a cheese ball into my mouth and chewing on it.

I wait for a reply but instead she mutters something under her breathe about cutting my sister’s hair off so I assume that the conversation is over and retreat to my room to sleep.

She must’ve have reset it when I was asleep. I put alarm clock back on my bedside table and went to take a shower in my bathroom. I made sure to wash my face and my hair along with other parts of my body before stepping out with a towel wrapped around my waist. I picked up my toothbrush and brushed my teeth; glancing back at the hazel-eyed boy in my reflection, I gargled the mouthwash and spat it out.

I then went into my closet and pulled on a pair of boxers then applied lotion to my skin before putting on my usual attire which was: a pair of jeans (black), a (grey) shirt with (red sleeves), and a pair of (red vans) sneakers.

I towel dried my hair and picked up my school bag on my way downstairs. The house was completely quiet, which was rare in my house because everybody always had something to say.

I came to the conclusion that Sophie was still asleep and my Dad had already left to go to work. My Dad worked as a lawyer, in fact he was the best in town which meant that everyone wanted him to represent them, and some of them lived out of town. Even though there was a lot of money coming in, we rarely ever saw him because he was so busy. Sophie liked to call him the ‘Windman’ because even though we don’t see him, he’s always around.

The scent of fried bacon and freshly toasted bread lured me into the kitchen like a fish being dragged in on a rod. A smile erupted on my face as I raised my nose in the air and breathed in the delicious smell. “Did heaven open up their kitchen to us again?” I jokingly questioned as I took a seat at the breakfast bar, dropping my school bag on the ground.

My mother laughed and handed me a plate full of bacon, eggs, toast and hash browns. My stomach flipped in excitement. “Yes they did! You better hurry up and eat because they’ll be closing their doors again”

I laughed and started eating my food, savouring every single part of it. You know what they say when there’s no place like home; I think they say that because no one cooks as good as your mother can. “Mummy, can I get some of that too?” Sophie’s small voice asked as she clambered up onto the stool right next to me. For a five year old she was pretty good at climbing and getting things that were out of her reach.

She grinned up at me and I smiled back at her, gently pinched her cheek and continued to eat.

“Of course you can. I’m getting yours ready right now.” Mother replied, getting a smaller plate out and placing it next to the frying pan. She looked up at the clock above the window near the sink then shot a warning look in my direction.

“I’m almost done” I grumbled, putting the last piece of bacon in my mouth and hopping off of the stool. I opened the back door and wave goodbye to my mother and sister before closing the door behind me.

Outside wasn’t as warm as I expected it to be. I opened the door to the boot and took out my jacket, shaking it out a little before throwing it on. I switched on the engine and drove down the empty street. The town that I lived in was quite small, I think only about two hundred people lived there, maybe more, maybe less. I never really put in the effort to care enough to find out.

The major disadvantage of the town being small was that everyone knew who you were, you could step out your house to check your mail and you’d see about five people that know your name. If you were to get into any trouble with the law or something, that would spread through this town like a wild fire. The only benefit was that if something ever happened to you, they were nice enough to have your back-well some of them were.

I slammed my foot down on the brakes, causing my schoolbag to roll off of the passenger’s seat and onto the floor. A girl stepped out into the road; she didn’t even bother looking left or right.

I punched my horn out of frustration; she only adjusted her sunglasses and put her palm up at me then proceeded to cross the road. Who the hell wears sunglasses when the sun isn’t even out?

I rolled my eyes and start driving again, and turn right into the school parking lot. There was a section for the students and for the teachers, the teachers being closest to the building and the students being the furthest. I parked up and got out my car, taking my school bag with me.

“Baby!” A familiar voice squealed from behind me. A pair of arms wrapped around me and something warm and moist pressed against the back of my neck. Camille. I thought we weren’t together anymore.

I pried her arms from around my waist and turned to face her, my face expression mirroring my thoughts. “What are you doing, Camille?” my voice came out in a mumble of both confusion and irritation.

“Can I kiss my boyfriend anymore?” She paused when she noticed what my problem was. “You are still my boyfriend, right?” She tucked her auburn coloured hair behind her ear and gazed innocently up at me.

Unfazed by her puppy eyes, I leaned against my car once more and crossed my arms. “That isn’t what you told me on Saturday” On Saturday she ‘broke-up’ with me because I refused to sneak alcohol out of my Dad’s cabinet to bring to her party. And that I embarrassed her because her party was terrible and everyone left as soon as they arrived. Then demanded that I never speak or look at her again because and I quote ‘we are through!’

Camille sighed and rolled her eyes. “I was just having my time of the month, we’re alright, I promise!”

I didn’t respond. Instead, I locked my car doors and made my way inside the building. I really wasn’t in the mood for Camille and her constant mood swings.

Hey guys! Remember me? Lol, okay.

UM. I don't really know what this is, this just came to me while I was feeding my fish so...I sort of have an idea as to where it's going but I just need to make sure I have an audience, meaning YOU! As for the other stories, I'm going to update them ASAP. This isn't really a comeback, this is like a refresh. The original idea was to delete all my other stories and start again from scratch but you guys love them so much that I'll just leave them there because some of you have read them more than twice-how you did that, I do not know, hah-but thanks for bearing with me for so long. I'm a bit indecisive so I guess this is a fresh start. I REALLY hope you enjoyed this because I have more to come. Oh BTW, Crestwood is a fictional name, it doesn't actually exist. The image at the side is of what Ryan's car looks like, I might change Ryan's appearance but Justin Bieber is the only thing I can come up with...for now. ;)