Chapter 3 "Thought I Lost You"

Standing in Cortez's office, Shaylynn and Deacon stand in front of her.
"I can't believe you two did something like that out in plain sight for everyone to see," Cortez tells them.
"I can't help if I fell in love with her," Deacon tells Cortez, Shaylynn looks at him surprised.
She thought there was something between them but she wasn't quite sure he was in love with her.
"But you know the rule!" Cortez tells him as Hicks walks into the office, "Well?" Cortez asks.
"The Mayor saw the news and what happened. I just got off the phone with her," Hicks says.
"I imagine because of seniority Shaylynn's leaving?" Cortez asks.
Hicks shakes his 'no', "Nope," he says with Cortez getting a shocked look on her face.
"You mean Deacon has to leave?" Cortez asks.
"No, they're both staying," Hicks tells her.
Shaylynn and Deacon both look at each other, "The Mayor is abolishing the rule that co-workers can no longer date," he tells Cortez, "Looks like you two got lucky!" Hicks says looking at Shaylynn and Deacon.
Hicks turns around and walks out, "You two got very lucky!" Cortez tells them, "You can go!" she says walking around them.
Deacon starts walking to the door, "Are you coming?" he asks Shaylynn.
"I'll be just a few minutes," Shaylynn tells him.
He smiles at her and walks out closing the door as Cortez walks behind her desk noticing Shaylynn is still in her office, "Can I do something for you?" Cortez asks.
Shaylynn walks toward her, "With that rule being abolished now you and Daniel can get back together," she tells Cortez.
"Excuse me?" Cortez questions.
"You don't have to pretend with me, I know. I see the way you and Daniel look at each other," Shaylynn tells her, "I'm sure I look at David the same way."
"You've been looking at David that way for quite a few months," Cortez says to her.
"Have I really?" Shaylynn asks.
Cortez smiles, "Yes, like you can't wait to get him home and well you know," she tells Shaylynn.
Shaylynn shakes her head, "I doubt I'll find out what's under the hood since finding out his Catholic."
"Don't be so sure about that," Cortez tells her, "I dated a Catholic man and it's the religious boys you have to watch out for."
Shaylynn laughs a little, "Maybe now we'll have some happy couples around here instead of miserable ones since the rule's gone."
"Is there more?" Cortez asks.
"There could be," Shaylynn says, "I'm going to go."
Shaylynn walks to the door and walks out.

She walks to the locker room to get changed.
After she's changed she walks out saying goodbye to everyone but doesn't see Deacon anywhere.
"Why did I peg you as a woman who doesn't wear skirts?" Street asks her as they walk outside.
"I have no idea! But when it's this hot, I don't want to be wearing pants when I don't have to," Shaylynn tells him with a smile on her face.
Street looks at her shocked, "Goodbye, Jim!" she says.

Walking to her Escalade, she reaches in her bag but can't find her keys.
She pulls on the handle and it opens which she finds odd.
Shutting the door, she walks to the back of the SUV as she takes her gun out of her bag.
She turns around and walks back up to the back driver's side door and quickly opens the door pointing her gun inside.
To her surprise looking back at her is Deacon.
He takes her gun away from her, lays it on the floor, and grabs her hand pulling her inside.
When she's inside, he pulls the door shut.
He grabs her and pulls her over to him, Shaylynn straddles his lap.
Deacon takes ahold of the bottom of her shirt and pulls it over her head.
Moving her closer, he starts kissing her as he undoes her bra.
Shaylynn pulls her head back, "Wait!" she says, "I don't want you doing anything you don't want to do," she tells him.
Deacon stops, "Of course I want to do this!" he tells her, "I could have died today without ever making love to you!"
Shaylynn starts kissing him as she undoes his belt, button, and zipper.
After pulling him out, Shaylynn moves up a little so she can put him inside her. This is when Deacon realizes she has no panties on under her skirt.
Shaylynn slowly lowers herself down as she watches Deacon lay his head back on the seat.
As she picks herself up and lowers herself back down, Deacon lets out a few moans so she picks up the pace.

After thirty minutes, Deacon grabs onto her hips as he peaks inside her.
He leans his head forward against her breasts, his beard tickling her skin.
"Let's get married," he says looking up at her.
Shaylynn gets off his lap, "David, no," she tells him, "That's the sex talking!"
She quickly puts her bra back on then her shirt, "No it's not!" Deacon says.
"Oh, yes it is!" Shaylynn says running her fingers through her hair, "We've only known each other for a few months. It's too early to get married. Didn't you just get out of a marriage?"
"A year ago," Deacon tells her doing his pants up.
He opens the door and gets out, he looks back at her, "David," she says to him.
"I'll see you Monday," he tells her then shuts the door.
"Damn it!" she says punching the back of the passenger seat.

~~~~~~~~

Monday morning Deacon shows up for work and heads to the locker room to change.
After changing and putting his stuff away, he walks out and sees Hondo and everyone except one.
"Where's Shaylynn?" Deacon asks.
"She's not coming in," Hondo tells him, "She sounded pretty depressed when I talked to her."
Deacon stares at Hondo, "Go!" Hondo tells him.
He smiles at Hondo and runs out of the building.

~~~~~~~

Pulling up to Shaylynn's gate, he pushes the call button and doesn't let up.
"What!" comes over the speaker.
"Let me in, Shaylynn!" Deacon tells her.
He hears a buzzing sound with the gate opening in front of him.

After parking, he gets out and quickly makes his way to the front door hoping he can get in.
He tries the doorknob and thankfully it's unlocked.
"Shaylynn!" Deacon yells after walking in.
She doesn't answer.
Running over to the stairs, he runs up them straight to her bedroom.
He opens the door to find her laying in bed, "Shaylynn, what's wrong?" he asks.
She quickly sits up and throws her arms around his neck, Deacon putting his arms around her, "I thought I lost you! The way you left me Friday night I thought that was the last time you would have anything to do with me," she tells him.
"Never!" Deacon tells her sitting back, "I love you! I didn't think I would fall in love again after my divorce but I was so wrong when I saw you! Let's get together tonight after shift. I'll get some take out and come here. Sound like a plan?" he asks her.
Shaylynn smiles, "Sounds like a plan!"