Convincing

6/23/19

Judai introduced Winged Kuriboh and decided to let them play around for an hour or so, though this time with supervision so there weren't anymore knocked over chairs, tables, or toasters. There almost were a few times, but well, Judai's shadows were very good at catching things. Luka and Kuribon ended up joining in after a little while too, and to Judai's relief she seemed to be having fun now that Jasmine was being semi-reasonable. By the end of it, Jasmine seemed to be a bit more receptive to trying to talk to her about anything other than playing, especially when Winged Kuriboh pitched in to help convince her that she needed to go back.

"So... I really could get hurt if I don't go back?" She questioned, sounding a lot more down-to-earth now as she wrapped her head around what she'd been told.

"You will," Judai confirmed, sitting down on the couch in front of her, "I've helped a few others get home safely when they found themselves here, so you're in good hands. Plus, Luka here will go too, so you can play with her and Winged Kuriboh on the way back."

Jasmine continued to frown for a few moments before nodding in agreement and cheering, "Okay! I understand. Let's go!"

"I'm interested to see what your forest is like," Luka mentioned, looking up in thought and glancing at Regulus, "I've never really gone out of Ancient Fairy Dragon's domain, so it's a new experience."

"It's super pretty!" Jasmine exclaimed excitedly, practically bouncing around as she talked, "There's tons of different flowers and herbs and stuff! We use them for our magic."

"Well, that explains the 'Aromage' part of your name," Judai mused before getting back up and moving towards the kitchen, "Come on guys, let's get the other two and go. I'm sure they won't want to be left alone here while we explore."

In the kitchen, Yusei and Lua seemed to just be finishing up fixing the toaster - at some point Yusei had brought in his tools from the storage in his bike, and he'd decided to make it a learning experience for Lua by explaining to him what to do while Lua himself fixed up and put together the parts. Judai had spotted Yusei earlier helping him out a little bit, though, when Lua wasn't quite strong enough to bend some of the metal pieces back into shape.

"Hey," Yusei greeted, glancing over with a smile, "We finished fixing it, how's it going for you?"

"She agreed to go back, and I figured you guys would want to come with and see a bit of the forest she's from," Judai explained, motioning for them to stand up, "Plus, it could very well take half the day to get there in the first place. We're starting smack-dab in the middle of Ancient Fairy's area because that's the only place Luka can appear in at the moment, and apparently the forest she's from is on the outskirts of the place."

Lua hopped eagerly off his chair, eyes practically sparkling at the idea of being able to interact with duel spirits again. Judai shared an amused glance with Yusei, both of them grinning and laughing a little bit and causing Lua to pout playfully and go hang out with his sister. Yusei got himself up after a little while and made sure to give Judai a quick kiss after looking over and noticing that no one was paying much attention to them.

"I kind-of wish I had the readers Johan and I made for duel energy," Yusei admitted, seemingly automatically wrapping an arm around him when Judai decided he wanted to cuddle for a moment and leaned into his side while he talked, "It'd be interesting to see if they'd one, have similar readings to the reactor site and two, would even work in the first place."

Judai hummed at the idea before suddenly remembering something and looking up at him, "Oh yeah, don't be surprised if we're suddenly joined by some of our duel monsters. Since we have their cards, it doesn't matter where they usually are - they can just come straight to us through the card." He paused for a moment at another thought, saying, "If we end up meeting Ancient Fairy Dragon, I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest to see Stardust appear, so there's that too."

"Understood," Yusei smiled, nodding down at him and giving him another quick kiss before letting go of him, much to Judai's disappointment, "Alright, let's go. The sooner we start, the better chance we have in getting home for dinner on time."

"Shoot, you're right," Judai groaned, now thinking about all the ways they could possibly be held up and made late, "Alright, let's go wrangle all the kids together and- hey! Watch it guys, the table! The table, look!"