Prologue

Hello there, my name is Charles. If you are reading this, then know that your world is about to change. In saying that, there is no world-shattering war, the ice caps are still melting, the planet is still in the same peril it was in decades ago when I was your age. Granted, we've made strides in keeping ourselves from destroying our planet, most people drive electric cars now. The change I mean, do you remember the creatures that we used to collect and trade with each other? Pokémon, those creatures, The Pokémon Company has succeeded in bringing the thrill of Pokémon into the real world.

It started after the release of the Pokémon AR System, Augmented Reality if you will. There was talk that Game Freak would be releasing small chips across the globe that would generate these creatures so that, as long as you had an AR System, you could engage in a battle with it and capture it to travel with you no matter where you went. The best part? Pokémon that have the ability to cause destruction do not have the capability because they aren't actually physical!

The PARS is simple in its design, it's a small piece of equipment that you can wear just like contacts. The Pokémon Company has also made versions of the PARS with corrective lenses, progressive lenses, and even reading glasses. These contacts are fully functioning AR systems, just like a smart phone or smart glasses for that matter. You can activate anything you think of, music, navigation, search, all with your voice.

The chips go along with the PARS and allow the user to see the Pokémon. Think of the system you see in anime like Yu-Gi-Oh that allows the duelists to see their monsters, pretty much like that. The difference is that these chips are scattered all over the globe and are able to spawn ANY of the 1000+ monsters in the Game Freak catalogue. Players can explore and capture these Pokémon in real time with each other and even battle in gyms and an official Pokémon League.

You don't even need internet connection or use cell phone data. These lenses provide themselves with their own native wi-fi so the player can literally catch and explore whenever and wherever they are. There were a couple downsides including limited production, the distribution of chips, and a hefty price tag, $999 for the set of lenses.

Consumers were clamoring to get their hands on a PARS, so much that Nintendo couldn't keep up with demand as what happened with their console years ago, the Switch was it? After the first wave of people, Nintendo upped their production lines and were finally able to provide a PARS to every single home across the world (at least to those who could afford the luxury). This is where it gets interesting.