CH.1 Wait

Zanenickolis watched from a top the high mountains of his lair. He watched as humans and dragon's fought to gain just an inch in the battle while the humans fought to regain women whom they belived had been taken against their will. Zanenickolis him self had seen these women all of whom were happy with their dragon lover's and the children they'd had.

But the human men felt as though the women had been taken and then enchanted by the dragon's,though some could indeed do exactly that none had ever done it to their mate and never would, a dragon's mate comes to the drgon by her self. While Zanenickolis whatched the on going battle only about a thousadnd or so yards from his cave he felt a bit of envy toward the other dragons out their fighting.

i have no mate to fight for so why do i feel as though i should be out there with my brother's and sisters fighting the humans? unlike humans dragons didn't see a female as uncapable of fighting if the female could hold her own against a man then she was good enough to fight. Zanenickolis strode out of his cave spread his wings and took to the sky his mind needing  to be cleared of these thoughts.

such thingking was not good for a dragon of such a young age. he landed in a wide clearing and transformed where he once stood now a boy with dark hair and pale skin stood naked as the day he was born. across from him was a lake that glistended in the last rays of the sun as the day was wanning away.

he stepped into the water and allowed the cool effect it had on him to clear his mind here he had completly let his guard down.

"you seem to be enjoying your self young dragon", Zanenickolis spun around in the water coming face to face with Barley a witch maiden of the Serpent Sisters a secrect order that dealt in helping and sometimes hunting dragons.

"what do you want winch", he spat the word at her.

"nothing but to help you i see your'er not at the fight to protect a mate but then again you don't have your's yet do you dragon?"

his eyes narrowed what she knew about his life was true he'd spent a lot of time with this witch when they had been children but that was then this was now.

"and what would you know about my situation and whether i have a mate or not Barley?"

"i know that your mate is not of this time or world",she answered simply as if she hadn't just told him that his mate was out of his reach possibly forever.

"why tell me this then?, do you wish to see me go mad from desire?" if a dragon never found his mate he'd never have children and he'd always yearn for something  that only his mate could bring him.

"no dear Zanenickolis i simply wish to help you ,you will have your mate if you do exactly as i say".....

Zanenickolis clawed his way through the thick brush of trees looking for the cave of slumber. the witch had said his mate was not of this time nor of this world at the moment but if he truley desired his mate as every dragon did then he'd wait out the centries in an enchanted sleep.

of course he had his doubt's about what she'd said but then why would she tell him about a cave he already knew about? she may not of known that he knew but still it felt a bit odd that she'd want to help him for nothing.

when his eyes spotted the cave not to far off his body already felt tired his eyes began to droup his musles unknoted. he shook his head with a hard determined shake and went about getting in to the cave once he was inside he curled up and shut his eyes just as a massive boulder was placed over the entrance and Barley smiled.

and just as the boulder hissed away celing the cave he heard her whisper on the wind, "good night dragon"......