Chapter 1- Adam

CHAPTER 1- Adam

Well this is seriously awkward. Honestly you could reach out and feel the awkwardness, it's that bad. Sorry I'm just trying to lighten the mood; if that's possible. I guess I should start at the beginning, not that I know where that is. Oh well here goes...

It all started 8 years ago (well technically I guess it started when I was born, but that's not the point) when I met Adam. I can't remember exactly how we met, but I just remember him suddenly being in my life, as if he always had been, and before I knew anything, he was my life.

Adults dismiss anything young people say, and they believe that they're right and that young people have no idea what it is to feel love, but they're wrong. As soon as he was in my life, I knew what love was. I built my life around him; I knew my life was complete.

I should have mentioned before, my name is Saphire, I am 15 and 3 quarters, therefore if you are good at maths (which I am most certainly not) you can work out that I was 7 when I met Adam. I'm sure now you're thinking to yourself that I'm crazy and stupid to think I knew what love was at 7, but you're the one who's wrong, love knows no age, it just depends what age you really understand what love is.

I like to think I'm quite alternative, but I'm also (and this isn't me being cocky) quite popular- I have lots of friends. i don't know really, I don't fall under any category I'm just me; I'm just Saphy. I have very long curly dark brown hair (although some people say it's black) I have chocolate brown eyes (one is lighter than the other) and I'm very short. No seriously I am a midget. When we had our year group picture I was left til last, that was one of the most humiliating moments in my life- until now.

Like I said I can't remember the first moment I saw Adam, or any cheesy Hollywood things like that, and because of that many people might say that it wasn't real love, but it was. I can't remember that because there are so many happy memories of him that they all blur together into one beautiful image of him.

The thing is with Adam is it was tricky. I couldn't just tell him I liked him, for many reasons. He was in the year above me, and him and his younger sister Jayney and brother Ollie moved down from Devon. Jayney joined my class in year 2 and I was assigned to be her "buddy", coincidently we became best friends, and were for many many years, practically inseparable until we were finally separated at 14; 7 years later. People got us muddled, even though we looked quite different. Well they used to, things have changed now, friendships that used to seem so unbreakable have proved to break.

I always thought Adam was extremely beautiful, not necessarily in the stereotypical way, but to me he was the best looking person in the world. He had shockingly brilliant red hair, which was slightly long around his face, and brown eyes, and very pale skin (when i was going through a weird phase I once gave him the code name vampire) as he got older he also might have developed some nice abs and biceps... Hey you can't blame me, a girl can't resist!

Ok enough with me rambling, that isn't the point. The point is that right now I'm in a bad place. A terrible place and I don't know a way out, and I don't know if I've made the right choice; that's even if I have a choice.

I have to get through this, I have to remember. Remember how I got here, remember why this happened, and remember him.

This is the untitled project of a teenage reject. And this is how it begins...