Chapter six; (Part 2) Accidents happen.

The weekend flew by and Sunday came way to fast. As I walk out the door into a wall of heat. I have been accustomed to the air conditioning for the past few days aside from the few hours spent on the beach. I sigh.

I'm going to miss this, my dad lives right on the ocean front and the place I now live is in a more country area, but still driving distance from the beach..

I really had some adjusting to do nearly two years ago. I live in Santa Rosa and he lives in San Francisco only 55 miles away, it's all California but it seems like two different worlds.

To add to my disappointment I notice Brad pulling up in his black range rover. I grunt loudly remembering I had agreed to let him come with me.

"Hey Lakin!" He shouts getting out of his car. Completely ignoring him I walk over to my dads' escalade exl and throw my suitcase is, well more like gently place them.I have important things in there. 

I get into the passenger side and get my seatbelt on, leaving my door open to let some air in. It was hot after being in the sun all morning. 

"Brad! Hey son it's been a while since I saw you around here, you're looking like a man now! you're 18 now, right?" My dad says as he reaches out to shake Brads' hand. 

"Yeah! turned 18 last month. Lakins' birthday is in a couple months, right? In August? Oh and you, you don't look like you've aged at all."

"Kiss ass." I mutter under my breath. 

"Ohhh no. I've aged faster than bananas sitting out on the kitchen table for a week in the summer.  Yeah her birthday is coming up isn't it, my little girl growing up. Are you and my daughter dating again? I've always liked you two together, you were going great and then all of a sudden she says it's over and you're out the door."

Brad shoots me a sheepish yet cocky look. 

I look down not wanting him to see the emotions on my face showing that I was clearly still hurt by what happened.

I can't let him see that, he will just use it against me by sweet talking me and then leaving me vulnerable once again like before. 

He looks back to my dad who is waiting for a response. I put my headphones in and blast Ed Sheeran at full volume and my iPhone gets LOUD.

"No, but I'm working on it. We broke up because she was moving and it was going to be hard to keep a relationship going. Now that we're practically adults I decided it's time to try this again."

I look over again, my dad is nodding towards Brad...I guess Brad opted for the easy way out and told my dad it was too long of a story or something. 

The next thing I know is a door is closed loud enough for me to hear and I look over to see my dad staring at me expectinly. I take out my headphones, I hate interrupting Ed while he is speaking into my heart. 

"What." I spit out looking at him.

He starts the car and pulls out, Brad following behind us heading out the long drive way.

"Are you going to give him another chance?" I look at him shocked.

"What!? Why should I....I can't trust him dad. After what happened I don't know if..." He cuts me off

"Woah woah slow down. Trust him? You broke up because of not wanting a somewhat long distance relationship, and it was your decision what about trust?"

What? What did Brad tell him???

"Dad, that isn't why we broke up? Did Brad tell you that? This is exactly what I mean about trusting him."  I slump back into  my seat.