021

Yohan was understandably shocked when Jiwoo decided to help him out with dinner instead of spending 'precious time' with her so-called boyfriend.

"What?" Yohan asked, trying to keep his voice neutral despite the joy he was feeling when he saw the girl put on her apron. "Your boyfriend dumped you?" He joked.

Jiwoo didn't answer for a while, but when she did, she made sure her reply sounded light enough. "Please, like the company would allow that to happen." She scoffed.

Yohan nodded in agreement, his hands busying cutting the chicken into smaller pieces. "Well, I'm glad to know I'm worthy of your attention now."

Jiwoo looked at him from the corner of her eye while chopping the spinach. "If I didn't know any better, I would say that you sounded salty."

It was Yohan's turn to scoff. "Please. Why would I be salty? If anything, you're the one overloaded with salt. All your boyfriend had been feeding you is fast food."

Now, Jiwoo turned to face the boy. "Excuse me, buddy, that was one time. Wooseok was starving and it was dinner time."

The taller boy crossed his arms, his voice rising. "Well, you could've told me that before I made dinner!"

Silence fell upon the kitchen, and guilt was weighing heavily on Jiwoo. "I'm... I'm sorry. I didn't know." She whispered.

"If all I'm good for is cooking for you, then you could've said so." Why did I say that?

"No, no, no." Jiwoo immediately rushed out the words, reaching out to grab Yohan's hand tightly. The fact that he would insinuate that she was just using him made her hurt. "You're... you're very important to me."

She looked confused when Yohan flung her hand away, gritting his teeth. I don't want false hope, and here she is, touching and holding my hand like it's nothing. Why am I the only one who's affected?

"How was it?"

Jiwoo was even more confused. "How was what?"

"Your kiss with Wooseok." Yohan had to force himself to say those words, because goddamnit it hurts.

The girl went still, her eyes downcast on the floor. Seconds ticked by and she was still silent.

"You know what?" Yohan gritted his teeth. "Forget it. Forget I asked." He quickly untied his apron and walked to the stairs, trying to ignore the way his heart seemed to shatter into a million pieces. "I'm not in the mood to cook anything so I'll-"

"We didn't do it." Her voice was so soft that Yohan had to wonder if he had imagined it at all.

"What?"

Jiwoo looked up, but her gaze was on everything but Yohan. She was too embarrassed. "We didn't kiss, okay? I backed out."

"...Woah."

Utter, pure joy filled Yohan, and he couldn't even describe how happy he was at the moment. He felt like a kid who had just gotten a new piece of candy, heck, he was even happier than when Jyunhao got his lollipop.

Jiwoo finally got the courage to look at Yohan, and she was so glad that she did. His eyes lit up brighter than the Christmas lights, and he had this dopiest bunny smile on his face. She couldn't help but smile at the familiar sight that seemed to put her at ease.

"Were you stalking me?" Jiwoo asked jokingly.

"You..." Yohan walked closer to his friend, completely ignoring her question. "You rejected a kiss from the Kim Wooseok?"

The girl groaned, putting her head into her hands, but not regretting telling him that. "Oh, God."

"You rejected a kiss from the number one boyfriend who has-well, had- a 100% success rate?" Yohan was outright gaping by now, yet his eyes still held unspeakable joy.

"Yes, I did." Jiwoo almost snapped, watching as the grin on his face widen even more.

"Oh my god. Oh my god, oh my god."

The girl let out a sigh. "You're never going to shut up about this, are you?"

Yohan patted her head in mock consolation. "Never."

------
reviews and votes are love 💓💓💓