Maiden of Light

"What did you say?" Casimir paused and turned to the woman with disheveled coral pink hair.

"I can save her." She repeated more calmly and softly.

"How?"

"Your highness, I am the Maiden of Light." She revealed.

The Maiden of Light. The prophesized queen that would bring about an absolute power to the empire or kingdom that possesses it. Strengthening it beyond measure where no invaders could hope to topple it.

Where wars can be easily won should they hope to start one or defend against one. It was the maiden most coveted by all the kingdoms and empires alike.

The power that will tip the scales of the battlefield.

It was the Queen everyone had waited thousand of years for. And now, she stands before the king of the future generation.

But, Casimir wasn't hearing any of it nor cared one bit. All he wanted to know was how to save his wife.

He slammed his fists against the iron barricades, making it ring so loudly in that desolate and hollow place, and growled dangerously low.

"Speak woman. How can you save Adira?"

Iris was flabbergasted, confused and in disbelief. Even after revealing her trump card—her identity—it still didn't matter to him. It was always Adira!

Adira this! Adira that! Why does it always have to be her?!

Hatred filled her small heart to the brim as she heard the cracks creeping all so slowly and excruciatingly as she swallowed everything up just so she could escape this cage she was thrown in.

"I... I can heal her with my light." She reluctantly answered through clenched jaws.

If anything, she'd rather that woman to die.

Casimir didn't waste more time as he ripped the doors from its hinges with his bare hands and let Iris out. But, of course, not after he gave her a parlous warning.

"Do anything funny and you die. If anything happens to her, you die. If she dies, then you better say your prayers because I won't allow you to die a peaceful and quick death. Do you understand?"

She audibly gulped the fear that lodged on her throat. It was very clear to her now the true face of the sinister demon lurking below the facade of the cold first prince.

All this while, he was kept in check because Adira was there. But take her out and nothing could stop his rampage. If she's not around, then this demon will lay waste on the entirety of the empire till all that's left is a hollow shell of its former glory.

Everyone will suffer under his rule. Everyone will forever live with fears in their hearts. Always worrying about the day when this demon might twist and break their necks.

This first prince was the exact definition of a double-edged sword.

He can lead the empire towards a time of peace and absolute dominance and a brighter future. And he can also very well be its bane.

Every imaginable fear shall come to be if they lose Adira Sylveris.

Iris started to walk forward, back to Casimir's room. If worse comes to worst, she'll lose her head the second she does something he wouldn't like.

Hurrying back to where Adira was, Casimir and Iris came across Leon who was walking along the corridor that led to Casimir's room.

"Your highness! And... Miss Latifolia. What are the two of you doing together?" He asked, suspicious about seeing the both of them together.

"Did you let her go, your highness?"

"Yes."

"Why? Are you.. cheating on the Lady Adira? Is this it? Have you fallen prey to her lies as well? Snap out of it, your highness! Why are you doing this? Why are you hurting Lady Adira?"

"Out of the way, Leon! I don't have enough time. She can help Adira. She can heal her with her light." Casimir said and side-stepped Leon while harshly pulling Iris behind him by her arm.

Leon paused briefly at the information he just heard.

Light? What does he mean?

"What light, your highness?" Leon asked as he walked to catch up with Casimir, who wasn't stopping for anything.

"She claims that she's the Maiden of Light."

"The Maiden of Light?! And you believe her?" Leon cried in surprise and turned to the haggard lady, who was transported here and there harshly—not that he cared anymore.

"I already warned her. I'll kill her if something goes wrong." Casimir repeated his threat and both Leon and Iris shivered in extreme terror.

"So... She really is the Maiden of Light? And you're staking everything on her?" Leon asked as they paused in front of the door that will lead to Casimir's room.

"Yes." Casimir answered as he pushed the doors open to find the King, his father, unconscious and tied to a chair and Alexander missing.

"What happened here?"

He turned around to ask Leon but when he did, both Leon and Iris were not in their supposed to be place now. They were also missing.

"What the hell is going on?" He mused and ran to check if Adira was still there as he ripped the gossamer curtains open and breathed a sigh of relief to fortunately still see her there.

Although she wasn't any better than she was hours ago.

Casimir turned around when he felt another's presence inside the room—one that brought with him the stench of death. He should know because he, as well, had that same disgusting stench on him.

A disgusting feeling he had hidden when Adira first smiled at him. An abhorrent side of him he had learn to accept to keep Adira out of harm's way.

You wouldn't begin to imagine the countless hearts he stopped all these years because they either wanted Adira for themselves—the gruesome way—or they were ordered to attack her in the most atrocious way possible.

Because the moment he took Adira as his bride and screamed it to the entirety of the empire, he had sealed her fate of being constantly targeted.

So what better way to make up for it than to be her personal prince, knight and executioner?

All of these were done without Adira's knowledge. He wanted to keep her out of this side of his world. He didn't want to give her that excuse if she leaves him.

"Hello, your highness. Please, step away from my beloved." He spoke peremptorily.

Notes:
Hi! I am very happy to read your supporting comments and everything! Thank you so much my darlings ❤️ Here I am giving back the love that I received from all of you!!
Lovelovelove ❤️❤️❤️

Thanks for the votes, comments and support! Let's keep it up! Banzaaai! 🎉