Chapter 2: Work Day Gone Wrong

Elsa woke up early a few days later, to the obnoxious beeping of her alarm clock, and sighed. She laid awake for a moment, considering the typical day she had ahead of her; first she had to drop Anna off at school, and then she had classes at college, then she had to go to work, at Tiana's Palace, in which her best friend owned, and then she had to pick Anna up from school. Elsa sighed, thinking of how much easier things would've been if Anna was able to drive by herself, but she simply had a permit. Elsa made a mental note to find a time to take Anna driving sometime in the next week.

Elsa got up, dressed in a light blue, knee-length dress and looked in the mirror, as she put her platinum blonde hair into a braided bun. She then went over the events of the past week, as guilt and angst consumed her. The girl she had almost killed when she was little was in her care, and for some reason, that scared Elsa. Of course, Elsa was only eight, and Anna never remembered what happened that night, when their parents rushed her into the emergency room, but Elsa never forgot, and honestly that made it hard to be around Anna.

Speaking of Anna, Elsa heard a loud rustling in the kitchen, and she smiled, knowing her sister must be awake. She heard her sister muttering to herself, as the cat must've been meowing at her. She must be looking for cat food.

Elsa finished putting her hair in a bun, and walked out to see a confused Anna, tearing through the cabinets, trying to find Marshmallow's food, as the cat angrily screeched at her to hurry up and get the food.

Elsa laughed, "It's in the closet by his bowl."
Anna's eyes shot open, "There's a closet by his bowl?"

Anna went over by his bowl, and looked embarrassed at the door right next to it, and grabbed the bowl and filled it up. Elsa smiled fondly at her little sister, realizing how much she'd miss of her life. Elsa got a bowl, and put cereal in it- after she put the milk in it.

Anna wrinkled her nose at this, "That's not how you're supposed to pour your cereal!"

Elsa rolled her eyes, "The cereal makes it in. The milk makes it in. So, method doesn't matter."

Elsa finished her cereal, while watching Anna scramble around, getting ready for school. Anna grabbed her small flute case for band, her magenta backpack, shoving her Honors English and Chemistry books in it. She also put her music folder in, with all her band and choir stuff, which Elsa found to be disorganized. They would work on that later.

  "I'm ready to go, Elsa!" Anna exclaimed excitedly. Elsa had never met a teenager so eager to go to school, then again, Elsa didn't interact with many teenagers.

  Elsa grabbed her stuff, and headed towards the car, where she got in and began to pull out of the driveway. Anna was reading a book for her English class, deeply invested in its contents. Elsa smiled at Anna's interest in books and reading, remembering having those same passions as a child, except that Elsa was always more of a math person.

  "Anna, I think you should start riding the bus." I told her.

  Anna nodded, but I wasn't completely sure she heard me, as she still seemed invested in her book. Elsa sighed, reminding herself to check bus schedules to tell Anna when she was....less distracted. When they made it to Anna's high school, she grabbed her bad, and rushed into the school, barely acknowledging Elsa at all.

  "Well, have a good day, I guess." Elsa muttered to herself.
***
  Elsa had a long morning in class, only learning that she had a ten page paper due next week, on top of work and caring for Anna. Elsa's body began shaking, and her stomach felt light, yet heavy at the same time. She took deep breaths in and out, just like her therapist had advised her. Off to work I go.