allison may o'connor ✈

in which allison gets all awkward when jeremy confesses his feelings

✈✈✈✈✈✈✈✈✈✈✈✈✈✈✈✈✈

Allison has always hated surprises. She hates the feeling of shock, she hates the way it overwhelms her and makes her so damn uncomfortable. So when she wakes up in the morning, she makes sure to follow her daily routine.

But in life, disruptions always occur.

Everything sails smoothly in the morning. As Allison goes down the stairs, she bumps into her brother. 

"Ow! Watch where you're going."

"Shut up. You watch where you're going."

Allison rolls her eyes and makes her way into the kitchen, grabbing a bowl and some milk before pouring some cereal into it (cereal before milk) and reaching for a spoon. Her mom walks into the room and kisses her cheek before asking her the question she asks every morning.

"Have you gotten a boyfriend yet?"

And she replies with the same reply.

"No, mom. Not planning on getting one any time soon."

And her mom sighs and moans for the nth time about how she would never live to see her grandsons and granddaughters.

Allison sometimes thinks her mother encourages teen pregnancy. Not that she's against it or anything, but Allison just thinks that you should prepare for things as big as that. Pregnancy usually involves planning, otherwise, you mess it up.

After she finishes eating her breakfast, she gets up, puts it in the sink, and slowly makes her way to school. Ever since she was a little kid, she's loved walking. She's even in her school's track team. So as she enters the school grounds, she never expects to fall down. Like, literally. She trips over someone's shoes (which are nice by the way. converse.). 

Correction: Someone's shoelaces.

They were in high school, but someone has left their shoelaces untied?! What is wrong with this world, she thinks to herself as she braces herself for the inevitable fall to the ground. But maybe this mysterious guy would catch her.

Turns out, said mysterious guy doesn't- and can't- catch her. Because his arms are full of books. Goddamn books. She falls to the ground, hitting the compact soil with a loud plunk accompanied with a smatter of humiliation.

That is the first surprise today. And just the beginning of a dozen more surprises involving the nerd who just tripped her now.

As she stands up and dusts herself off (she's even wearing her favorite white blouse today goddamnit), she glares at said boy who she doesn't even know but looks vaguely familiar.

"What the hell were you thinking?! Couldn't you have just stopped and for once, looked at where you were actually going?" she snaps at him. She should've felt guilty, but it isn't easy to do that when half the people in the school grounds were murmuring and laughing at her. She wasn't popular, but she wasn't exactly unpopular either. She wasn't a nobody, people definitely knew her, but she certainly didn't get bullied. But this was bound to spread to the whole school, the member of the track team, Allison O'Connor, just fell down in front of the whole school.

How wonderful, let us laugh at her!

And if there's one thing Allison hates, it's people laughing at her. For her, mistakes were bound to happen, and it was no use laughing at said mistakes. She also hates surprises, and this definitely counted as a surprise.