Chapter 1: Gone

They're gone...

Those words still hadn't quite registered with Anna as she stood there, at her parents funeral, looking at their dead bodies. Anna was amazed at how well their cuts were covered up from the accident they died in, but too upset to stare in awe at the bodies, as they were her parents. They were the people who gave her life, and watered her to grow, and her heart ached at the notion they were never coming back. Her face was sore from crying so much, and her throat sore from choking back a sob.

She had nobody left.

  Well, that was a lie. She had her elder sister, Elsa who stood next to her, looking down, and obviously holding back tears. Elsa had been appointed as her legal guardian, a few days ago, which to Anna's surprised, she accepted. Elsa had always hated Anna, at least as far as Anna was concerned, and she never talked to her. Every plead Anna gave for Elsa's attention was quickly turned down, and even now, Elsa had tried to avoid her as much as possible.

  Anna looked up at her sister, who was obviously as devastated as she was about her parents' death, and she whispered, "Elsa, I'm right out here for you, if you need anything."

  Much to Anna's disappointment, Elsa simply nodded in response, as if simply acknowledging her existence. Anna's tears ran out faster after once again, being shut out by her sister, especially when she needed her most.

***

  After the funeral, things were quiet between the sisters, as usual.

  Elsa led Anna out of the church, and walked towards Elsa's cheap used pickup truck, which she had inherited from their father. Elsa got into the drivers' seat, and Anna sat in the passenger's seat, though she so badly wanted to sit in the back in order to avoid the awkward atmosphere up front. Elsa pulled out of the parking spot and began to drive back to her apartment.

Anna checked her phone, and saw she had missed messages from her best friends Rapunzel Gothel and Moana Waialiki, who were asking if she were okay, and asking how she was holding up after her parents funeral. Before Anna could respond, she heard her sister's smooth voice say, "Anna, put your phone down, please."

"But-"

"I said put your phone down." Elsa repeated emotionlessly.

Anna stuck her phone back into her tiny black purse and said, "Sorry."

To this, Elsa simply ignored her, once again. Anna felt guilty now; her parents died, and her and Elsa got done burying their parents, and the first thing she did was get on her phone. How selfish of her! Anna looked down, as her sister ignored her on the way home.

***
Anna got out of the car, when they parked at the apartment building by Elsa's college, and raced into their room, and tried to open it, but then realized it was lock. She heard a jingle of keys right behind her and turned, seeing Elsa holding her apartment key in her hand and raising an eyebrow at Anna.

  Anna blushed and moved out of the way, so Elsa could open the door, revealing the small, messy apartment, and the strong stench of the litter box that sat next to the door, causing Anna to hold her breath. "Elsa, we should move the cat box, so it's not right next to the door."

  Elsa nodded as she closed the door, "Agreed."

  Soon, Elsa's fluffy white cat ran across the floor and rubbed it's body against Elsa's shin, who  giggled in enjoyment, after seeing her furry companion, "Well, hi there Marshmallow."

  Elsa ended up picking the car up, and sat on the recliner, cuddling up with the cat, and affectionately giving it belly rubs, "Anna, there's leftovers in the fridge if you want anything to eat."

  Anna nodded in response. It went without saying that neither sister felt like cooking that night, and they didn't have the money to order pizza, so leftovers were their best bet. "Do you want anything, Elsa?"

  Elsa shook her head, "I will get mine later, I'm not really hungry right now."

  Those were the last words they spoke to each other, for the rest of the night, as Anna went to her room to work on her missed homework for Honors English, and as Elsa struggled on her homework for Architecture. They were ignoring each other, just as they always had, but little did they know that things were about to change.

So, what did ya think?

So if you couldn't tell this would be pre-movie Elsa and Anna, in the modern world lol. So, of course, in Anna's POVs,  Elsa's going to be kind of rude and cold at first. Next chapter is more in Elsa's POV.

Please comment and vote!