There Goes My Life(teen pregnacy)

Fresh new year, a fresh new start. I thought to myself as I walked in the doors on my first day of my sophomore year. Last year I had a good year but my 2 year boyfriend and I had a terrible break up at the end so I was hoping of a full good year this time. I only had 3 years of high school left so I wanted to enjoy them all.

I walked to the office to get my schedule and new locker number. I waited in line then quickly grabbed them and hurried to my locker. I was ready I get everything settled so I wouldn't be any later then I had to be to my first class of the year. I had English first, which the teacher, everybody hates! She is super strict and gives so much homework. I defiantly wasn't gonna be late to her class!

I organized my locker as quick as I could. I checked my phone and noticed I had more time then I thought I did. I had gotten to school early just to make sure I was on time. It was only 745 so I was good on time. I also saw I had a text from my best friend, Sydnee.

Syd: hey where are you! I can't find you anywhere! What's your locker number?

Me: I'm at my locker. I'm #102 on the left side of the hallway. What's yours? Where are you at?

Syd: I am in the office. I get to pick mine since They forgot to set one aside for me. What number is opened the closest to yours?

Me: 103. Is opened right next to me.

Syd: kk:) be right there!

I still had a few minutes before class started so I decided to wait on her. She walked up with a ear to ear smile on her face. "Kyla!" she shrieked as she ran to hug me. She about knocked me over because he hugged me with so much force. I laughed and hugged her back. I hadnt seen her very much this summer because she went to Florida in the end of June and just got back a week ago. So we didn't have much time to hang out. "sooo! Any news!? I haven't talked to you all summer!" "nothing really, dad is doing a little better though." I said forcing a smile. My dad has had cancer for as long as I can remember. It is starting to go away very slowly but everything takes time, so it might be a while. I let a tear roll down my cheek and quickly wiped it away, hoping she didn't see it but she did. She knew I hated talking about my dads sickness even though it was getting better. She pulled me in to a deep tight hug and said "Kyla, it will be okay. You know that! It is going away, even the doctors said everything was going to get better! Everything is going to be fine!" all I could do was nod.she was right, the doctors did say that but I still hated the fact that he was still sick. I changed the subject. "how was Florida?" she told me all about it as we walked to class. Surprisingly we both had a few of the same classes. Thank God that one of them was English!

We walked into class and we were one of the first to show up. We usually are late to class cause we always talk, which slows us down.

A few short minutes later people started to pile in. I quickly noticed my other best friend Matthew(Mattie). I ran up to him and hugged him! "How come you didn't call me this summer!? I've missed you soo much!!" "sorry kyla, I actually haven't been here at all. Yesterday was my first day back." I had a confused look on my face. "where'd you go then?" "I can't tell you right now. We'll talk later." "okay." I breathed and walked back to my seat by Syd.

The teacher came in shortly after. "welcome back class!" she said trying her hardest to sound happy and enthusiastic. We all groaned. "well let's get started shall we?" she aske knowing no one would answer her. She turned to the white board an started to right our assignment. Great! I thought to myself. The first day of school and we already have to do a 6 page story on our highschool life. What the hell? That's none of their business. Anyways I was just gonna have to live with it and suck it up.

The rest of the day went by smoothly and actually pretty quickly. All we did in other classes was collect a few assignments, talk about the teacher expectations for us, and mess around. Out of class we just talked to some missed friends and hung out all day. Although I noticed all the same faces, except for the freshmans of course, I also saw a few new kids. There werent many I saw just about 4 or 5. One was a red haired girl. She was in my social studies class. She looks like a nice girl and she looks country. Which is good because I am too but we don't have very many country kids. Anyways I made a mental note to talk to her in study hall. I saw a few boys. One looked like the girl kinda but he was really tall an nicely built. He was actually pretty hot. A few others but the were all really nerdy and a mixture of boys and girls. And don't get me wrong I have nothing wrong with nerds their just not my type.