002

Carmen was more than ecstatic when she never received a phone call from Lydia to tell her to come to the party early. Most likely to help her set up. Despite their bitter friendship the strawberry blonde would ask her to help. Not because she was a reliable friend but , to watch her suffer as she attempted to climb up a ladder and put up whatever was needed.

     This occurrence only happened once and the brunette only did as she was told because if the party turned out horrible and she was there for it she would be looped into the failure. That was the last thing she needed hanging over her head. So , Carmen could only hope that the other girl had it together and didn't mess everything up.

     With critical thinking already in place she was greeted at the door by a clearly false enthusiastic Lydia Martin. The girl charming smile quickly fell at the sight of the curly haired brunette.

     "You're late."

     She scoffed at such a impolite and incorrect statement. As if she was late. As she saw it no one could really be late to a party. Seeing as people were just getting to there as well Lydia was just getting on. Already trying to grate her nerves which , never said out loud , it was working.

     "Oh please. Ever heard of fashionably late?"

     Not bothering for a proper 'please , come in' as she wished she would have received she pushed her way through the door way. The girl currently behind her also made her distaste known with a intake of breath and mutter of whatever insult she could muster.

☾☾    ☽☽

     Not wasting much time she practically darted towards where the not-so-subtle alcoholic drinks table resided normally. If she thought about it she would find it almost pathetic she memorized where the drinks would always be. But , no matter how she felt about the girl who made them , she loved how maybe not how it tasted but , how it made her feel.

     An overwhelming warmth that even if her throat burned it made it hurt less. Quench the thirst she felt along with this aggravation and anxiety she always felt at parties. Which would shock the average high school-er that went to Beacon Hills if they knew that Carmen was filled with anxiety at something that helped something she craved. Popularity.

     The selfish need to be number one and if it was as something as reasonably easy as popularity than that's what she would do.

     "Wow. You're drinking. How surprising."

     Hearing the annoyingly familiar husky voice of Jackson she turned away from the table. Stereotypical red Dixie cup leaving the smooth surface of her equally as crimson lips.

     "Wow. You're annoying me. How surprising."

     She easily retorted ending her statement with a false smile that had him rolling his eyes in his so overly dramatic way.

     "So creative."

     "God , shut up."

     His frustratingly perfectly plucked eyebrows raised as if saying he made his point. Carmen could admit (okay,not really) that it was a lame comeback but , he made her way too flustered with emotions (mostly anger) that she couldn't think of much. That and her school day consisted of annoying teachers and listening to almost everyone around her talk about Scott McCall.

     This new found prodigy of lacrosse. So , you could imagine , how much Jackson talked her ear off with it. Another reason why she would oh so eagerly chock the boy before her.