Preview: "Writers On The Run"

Prolog

It is best to start 'just before' the beginning.

On the west coast of the United States of America, there was a period of technological innovation.

Innovation led to products. Products led to sales. Some people made fortunes.

Fortunes that could be directed into new ventures.

One auspicious businessman had been quite lucky over the decades. He was not a public figure, but supported newer technologies with seed money.

Wearable tracking technology.

Computational Parallelism.

Driverless transportation analytics.

They created a very little known corporation, 'Trembling Heartbeats International'. It was a corporation that sought to bring together fans of love stories. It had a lofty goal to let online writers put their stories into a world-wide forum.

The front page of the website still has the standard layout.

At the top, it includes a story paragraph from the Book 'Hauntingly Beautiful Girls'.

"I always knew my heart burned several steps closer to warm.

I would coo at kittens and puppies whenever I saw them.

I would blush lightly when seeing a couple holding hands.

I knew early on that I was different.

I was a warm burner. The kind that spreads if let me get close and show you the world I saw.

A warm burner that makes surprising hot coco. To have a sample of my words, it falls down your throat and makes you warm too.

But the world is filled with many of colder natures. No longer happy to sit at small, close tables and exchange words. Sipping very warm drinks in delicate cups.

The world goes to a cool place and twists the top off. Taking a quick gulp of intensity that sustains, but does not nurture.

I know they are out there. The ones like me. I do so want to hear the stories you have to tell me."

The corporation 'Trembling Heartbeats International' could not acquire patents and brands. There were too many successful brands in 'beating heartbeats' literature.

The corporation funded four decades of website operation to support forums.

The official forum notices asked the loyal participants to continue with these kinds of stories. To continue with attempts to make local clubs and keep the forums filled with stories.

At the bottom of the main website a notice was posted. You might still find it there today.

[ Trembling Heartbeats International is going focus on a new effort. An experiment in the benefits of traditional publishing and electronic publishing. It will be a contest or challenge style format. ]

It was that small simple notice that was the first public introduction.

Writer Publishing Tour contests that sent participants worldwide.

This first contest was hardly noticed at all, and not the thing of widely popular reality television. It was a simple small seed.