Classes

*Lorelei's POV*

That morning, I was woken up suddenly by someone shaking me. "Lorelei, get up!"

"Hermione? It's 6 o'clock! Why so early?"

"Breakfast starts in an hour!"

"And it takes me 15 minutes to get ready!"

"I'll come back and wake you up again later, then..." she said, slightly crest-fallen.

I felt kind of sorry, "No, it's alright. I'm awake now. I may as well get up. I'll run through a few things before classes."

This certainly seemed to cheer her up; Someone else who wanted to practice!

"I'll be in the Common Room in 15 minutes, max." I said, indicating to her to leave me to get ready. A hint which she got.

I had a quick shower and got dressed into my Gryffindor robes, then went down to the Common Room to meet Hermione. Even though she could get a little annoying at times, it turns out Hermione Granger was a pretty good friend!

It turns out, our first class was transfiguration. Me and Hermione were quite looking forward to it, but Hermione more than me.

Hermione and I walked to breakfast, and when we got to the Great Hall, everyone stared and whispered things.

"You know what, Hermione," I whispered to her, "I really don't know how I'm going to put up with this."

She chuckled, "I'm sure that the novelty of you being here will wear off soon."

"I hope you're right!"

During Transfiguration, Harry and Ron turned up late.

"Phew, made it!" Ron breathed, "Could you imagine the look on old McGonagall's face if we were late?"

Unfortuneately for them, McGonagall was the cat on the table at the front. Being a Animagus, she transformed back to her human form.

"That was bloody brilliant!" Ron said to her.

"What a complete idiot!" Hermione said to me.

"Be fair to them, it is the first day," I countered, "But he still shouldn't have said that to a professor."

Harry and Ron took there seats, and we continued taking notes in silence.

*Harry's POV*

Next up was Potions.

"There will be no foolish wand-waving or silly incantations in this class!" Snape said as he walked in. I already didn't like him! "I can teach you how to bewitchthe mind and ensnare the senses. How to bottle fame, brew glory, even put a stopper in death."

I wrote down everything he was saying.

"Ah, Mr Potter, one of our new celebrities. Tell me what I get if I added powdered root of asphodelto an infusion of wormwood?"

I put down my quill, as Hermione's hand was in the air, "I don't know, sir."

"Where would I find a bezoar?"

"I don't know, sir."

"Clearly, fame isn't everything."

Then, Lori spoke up, "With all due respect, sir, Harry was writing down what you said, so why are you having a go at him for paying attention?" I was grateful to her for that.

"Ah, Miss Black, our other new celebrity. Could you answer any of those questions."

"When you add asphodel to wormwood, you make a powerful sleeping potion, known as the Draught of Living Death. And a bezoar is a stone found in a goats stomach, used against common poisons." she said coolly. Wow, this girl was smart.