Chapter 6

Courtney:
My shoulder was wet from Olivia's tears. She had been crying for hours and could barely get any understandable words out. Anytime she spoke, the only thing I knew to do was nod or give a verbal agreement. "Olivia, hunny, everything is going to be fine."
"No it's not." she said, her words muffled by my sweater which she had her face was smooshed into.
"Yes it is, why would you say that?" I replied.
"He hates me."
"Olivia...."
"No Court, he hates me," she pulled her face away from my shoulder to reveal a a bright red face. Her swollen eyes looked at me. "I messed everything up. I got upset when he was just being a good boyfriend. I don't regret being upset because I'm sick of being babied, but I shouldn't have yelled. I said so many things I regret." She almost seemed to doze off at the end of her speech. I could tell she was exhausted.
"You're in the right to be upset. I've seen the way he treats you like a child. It gets frustrating, I'm sure. I'm sure if you talk to him everything will be fine."
"He doesn't want to talk to me. I messed up really bad." she said guiltily.
"What do you mean." She sat there just staring for a minute, probably finding her words.
"I called Nathan."

Anthony:
I had been crying for so long, I ran out of tears. I ran out of everything. I had lost almost all of my dignity, self-esteem, and will to live. I knew Ian could tell, but he didn't say anything to me whatsoever. It took a while for him to say anything, and the same happened to me. I don't think either of us knew what to say.  "Ian things aren't okay this time." I finally said.
"Dude, you think I couldn't tell?" he said sarcastically, looking up at me. I just looked at him as if telling him to shut up. He looked back down at the floor. Some time passed before he said anything else. "What even happened?"
"I don't know. One minute she's yelling at me for babying her, the next I hear her on the phone." I said hesitantly.
"With who?" He said confused. I looked at him, my gut wrenching in denial. My tears were preparing to escape my eyes.
"Her ex." I said shakily trying to keep it together. Ian furrowed his brow as if disgusted.
"Dude...."