Chapter 13- training for trouble

-Sparrow-

A month and a half had since past from me being here in the tower, it was good, I visited Jhon every other week and caught him up with my time staying there, though Loki always accompanied me I didn't mind. We would usually share a coffee and talk idly in the cafe at times too.

Now It was time for training, I was excited, mostly nervous since I didn't want to embarrass myself in front of such skilled fighters. Bruce had checked over my ankle and registered it as healed a couple of days ago. The only reason I wasn't beginning my training since I was given the okay was that Loki continuously pestered me into taking it easy just in case.

"Have you ever fought with a weapon before?" Loki asked as we stepped into the training room and I glanced around "nope" I popped the P watching Steve skillfully hit the punching bag across the room with a focused look on his face.

Stark leaned against the wall and watched Natasha and Clint battle it out on a risen fighting ring-like platform with boxing gloves and headgear on the two. Thor was weighing out his hammer and comparing it to other weapons like knives and blades that hung on a nearby wall. 

I clasped my shaking hands together as I watched Nat slam Clint against the floor of the ring and a loud thud echoed from the impact as he writhed on the floor from it while she threw her arms up in triumph. 

Okay, I'm so dead.

"Hey Sparrow, ready to start?" Tony kicked off from the wall and approached me and Loki as I nodded, as if noticing my worry he gave me a smirk, 

"dont worry Clint wont go too hard on you for your first trial in the ring, basic hand to hand combat" I nodded taking it in while watching Natasha help Clint to his feet as she clapped him on the back and he lurched forward a little.

Tony let out a sharp whistle to get the two's attention and both turned to face us, Nat threw me a wave that I returned, "Nat out of the ring, Clint, easy on Sparrow for her first time okay?" He nodded without hesitation as I swallowed thickly my mouth already dry.

I think the last time I had really punched someone was when a pickpocketer tried to pinch my wallet and I turned, caught him and gave him an uppetcut which made him stumble into an expensive car.

 Successfully denting it as I darted off from the scene as the owner of the vechile stormed out of the nearby bar. 

Tony patted my shoulder as I approached the ring "alright whiskers, get in there" I scoffed at the name but flung myself over the red ropes lining the base until I was face to face with Clint who began removing all the head gear revealing his sweaty self. 

He took out his mouth guard tossing it to the side and throwing me an easy smile that sent a flicker of relief through me "dont worry, we wont use all the big gear since its not going to rough to start off with" he acknowledged as I nodded still quiet.

When I heard a sharp whisper below me I turned around and crouched to Loki who leaned in "aim for his shins, he is an archer, good with his arms but wont see it coming when you go for getting him on the floor through his legs" he whispered,

"thanks" I grinned gaining a little more confidence at his advice, at least I wasnt going in with no knowledge, 

"hey Loki! what do you think you're doing? dont throw Sparrow off" Clint butt in as I got back to my feet readying my arms,

"very well" was all he answered passing a fleeting glance and a cunning wink as he leaned against one of the walls and I focused on the archer in front of me. "okay, go!" Steve called and Clint stepped in and went to throw a punch at my face, I quickly ducked and turned so we swapped positions of our stances, still parrallell to one another.

I let out a grunt and swiftly aimed my fist to his right side and he let out a grunt and aimed for my jaw which I swerved away from just in time, unfortunately he landed a punch on my shoulder and I stepped back.

I ducked when he threw another punch my way and I quickly got to the back of him and drove my heel into the connection of his leg which made him stumble forward onto his knees as I quickly grabbed his arm and twisted it behind his back kneeling on his spine as he let out a strangled yell.

"Damn it!" 

I let out a laugh "Hey Stark you said for me to go easier on her, what about the other way around?" Clint kicked off as I let him go and he directed his annoyance toward Stark who shrugged.

"I never said she couldn't go rough on you" he noted and Clint grumbled hopping out of the ring rubbing his arm,

"Alright, Nat your up" Steve patted her back and she nodded swiftly entering the ring as I stepped back, Natasha is a trained assassin, there's a big difference between an archer who's main priority is shooting arrows to someone whos very much experienced in the art of fighting.

"you ready?" She rose a brow readying her hands as my reply came out as a pathetic squeak, 

"yep"

"good because the first thing you shouldn't be is distracted"

"wait wha-"

Her leg kicked my feet out from underneath me and my back thudded on the mat as I let out a gasp from her sudden action, I rolled as she dove to get my face and I managed to prop myself back onto my feet dodging her punches as we cirlced one another.

I threw a punch to the left side of her face which missed the target terribly as she caught my arm that was outsretched now and easily picked me up by it and flung me over her body making me flop onto the other side of the mat harshly.

I went to kick out her feet when she was ready to pin me down but she dodged my attempt and after feebly trying to push her off I ended up on my stomach and my arms pinned behind my back as she straddled my torso.

"definitely in need of more training" she chuckled as my hear began to heat up and a sizzling feeling flowed through my veins. I had to get out. Now. 

Within seconds I'd thrown her off of my back leaving her bewildered as I zipped through the ropes and practically threw myself into the elevator till it dinged and the doors shut leaving the whole team gaping at me with shocked expressions.

I huffed and panted uselessly as I leaned against the back of the elevator glass as my head swirled and my world tilted, things began to blur and focus making me feeling like both throwing up and bursting into tears with fear.

What the hell is happening to me?

I let out a groan but it sounded like a growl, something loud and thundering I jumped at the sound and looked around, not believing I made such a noise. But after attempting it again the same sound came from my dry parted lips as I cradled my head in my hands.

My body was practically buzzing when I stumbled out of the elevator and fell to the floor of the penthouse, I used all my strength to drag myself up the stairs to my room but passed out before I could make it.

The last thing I saw was my hands fading a black colour and long black claws beginning to protrude through where my usually dull nails used to be. I didn't have time to panic as soon I saw nothing.