Prologue

The silence was deafening.

An eerie silence fell over the crowd as the echo of the clashing metal finally stilled. Everyone in the crowd stood watching in horror as the car that had flipped more times than it should have finally came to a grinding halt.

"Make way for the paramedics." The announcer shouted as everyone stared at the scene before them. To anyone's recollection, this was the worst accident in all of The Kentucky Racing League's history. "Ladies and Gentlemen, I repeat, MAKE WAY FOR THE PARAMEDICS!" He screeched, the sounds echoing loudly in the silent stadium.

The driver's pit crew leader was already racing towards the car. He avoided the hands of his teammates, as he rushed to get to his driver. This was his worst fear coming to life. To the people closest to the track, they heard him yell the name of his driver, his daughter, Sophia.

As he approached the upturned car, he kneeled beside it, leaning in to see his daughter. "Sophia, can you hear me?" The ambulance and firetruck were still inching their way to the crowd, despite the pleading of the officials and the announcer

"Is it bad?" She asked timidly as the paramedics finally reached the car.

"Please," the announcer said as the first responders started to stabilize the car. "Everyone, say a prayer for Sophia Andersson."