My unknown identity

first story ive decided to upload, i know my grammar isnt perfect, i havnt had a chance to edit this chapter yet but i just decided to post it and see if i wanna continue writing it. enjoy hopfully.

(Jd's Pov)

*smash*.. my head hits the cold blood stained pavement. I could taste a warm metallic liquid dripping across my lips. Blood, a lot of it. Everything was in slow motion to me. I begin to see flashing lights appearing in the distance. I try to refocus my eyes to the scene before me. I watch as my guys run down alley ways, jump over fences and disappear around street corners. I see my attacker looking back at me, our eyes meet, his dark cold eyes look straight threw me. he shows no sorrow for the pain he had just inflicted on my gang. 

Who was this guy?  How did I get myself into this? Why hadn’t I just ignored him and not taken up this challenge that even I knew I couldn’t win?

I was suddenly pulled from my thoughts as I saw my attackers eyes flash a dark crimson colour. He seemed to be looking past me. he quickly turned and sprinted down a side street. At that moment I realised I couldn’t move. My body was cold and heavy. The freezing air attacking my deep wounds.

I felt a pair of hands grab me, pulling me to my feet without a struggle, as if I was weightless. The crushing strength of the arms encased me, a force that I had never encountered before. Their warmth slightly burning my almost numb skin. I mustve lost conscienceless for a moment because within seconds I found myself in a dark damp alleyway. I hadn’t even acknowledged the fact that this figure had been carrying me. I began to regain my senses, moving my fingertips slowly and tilting my head up so I could look at my savour. It was almost pitch black, but I could just make out a few features of the figure in front of me. he has a tall male, about 6’ 3” just taller than I was, he had what looked like dark black hair that complimented the chiselled structure of his face. I couldn’t help but notice a menacing look about this man. What struck me most about him was his electric blue eyes, they stood out brightly even in the darkness of the small space around us.

He turned his head back to face me, still supporting my limp body leaning against the wall, his lips were moving as if he was speaking to me but I couldn’t hear a word he was saying. Slowly I was pulled back into a state of unconsciousness, as the scene in front of me was disappearing I felt something clamp down on my neck.. Teeth, but certainly not human ones.

I should probably introduce myself, im Jonathan Dean Heartly, Jd for short.  Im the leader of probably the most feared gang in knotswood county. I wasn’t always a bad guy, when I was younger I was an honorary member of the cub scouts, I was well known for helping people in my neighbourhood over the summer, landscaping peoples gardens for a few dollars every few weeks. But that all changed around 5 years ago, on my 14th birthday. I was out with my friends, we were walking to our tree house in the field behind my uncles house when we were attacked by a gang of about 23 guys, they all had weapons, some had knives, others had bats, a few even had guns. They gave us an ultimatum, we could join their gang and fight for them, or they’d kill us. We accepted obviously.

Just a few months after that encounter with the gang, which I later learnt called themselves the reapers, I was asked to fight alongside a few of the head guys, so I agreed. I had began to like the control, the power that came with being in a gang, slowly I made my way up the rankings, earning even more respect every time I executed a hit without any mess. i had just turned 17, a few years had passed since I joined the reapers, I was made deputy leader to the gang. Apparently I had shown great leadership and loyalty towards the guys that it would’ve been a stupid move not to promote me. I was honoured.

In that year a lot happened, I lost my father in a car accident, my mother had became ill and my uncle had moved away to a different town. My mother couldn’t take care of me anymore, she couldn’t take care of herself, I had to make the decision to move her to a nursing home in the next town.  I was on my own, but at least I had the gang activities to fill my time.

Later on that year the head of the reapers, Leon, was killed in a gun fight. It was his last instruction to let me take over for him and get revenge on the gang that killed him. Leon had been like a brother to me, he was 6 years older than me but we had a connection that none of the others had. We would fight side by side, train together, kill together. When he died I made it my job to revenge his death.

I changed a lot that day, I lost all control, my actions from then on would be decided on pure anger and hate. I was a true leader who felt no guilt or sorrow for his victims. I made a list, a list of 30 names, the names of the people that had killed Leon. Within the next 2 years I had crossed 18 from that list. Which brings me to where I am now, passed out in a strangers arms after I took on the 19th person on that list.

I thought my life had changed all that was possible, but I didn’t know what I had just gotten myself into.