Chapter Seven- You Fall For A Guy-He Secretly Falls For You

Do you ever just wake up and feel like everything is unreal. Like everything you saw was fake and that you weren't even awake yet? Because maybe the scene in front of you was too weird to even be true?

Like now.

Mom and dad had their backs turned to me, whispering fiercely at one another in their strange parent lingo, that I never quite understood.

Mason sat beside my bed, his head tucked by my arm, sleeping soundly. I had the sudden urge to smack him off my bed. 

Brie was whispering into her phone while Gaby and Collins hovered her. Brett and Nate were off in some corner snapping pictures of themselves with nurse masks on. The urge to smack something was strong. But I had to be stronger than my will.

"Yes she's still asleep. The nurse said it was a little worse that she had expected. No it's not a concussion, but she had to draw blood. No we don't know, why? Yeah. Mhm. I'll call you later, bye mom." Brie said into her phone before hanging up.

Worse? The nurse thought I was sick or something...was I going to die? Is that why everyone's here? Oh. My. God. I'm dying!

As if sensing my panic Mason sprung awake and knocked his head into mine. Let me tell you it was like knocking into that wooden pillar again.

The boy had a thick skull.

"Ahh!" We both cried out, garnering the attention of the room.

Mom and dad quickly rushed to my side. The girls stayed back as if cautious of what was going to happen next. Nate and Brett dropped the box of latex gloves they were shoving into their backpacks, and smiled sheepishly when I glared at them.

"Sweetie you're awake." Mom cried out hysterically flinging her body onto me. I groaned in pain and patted her back awkwardly.

"Yeah, why wouldn't I be?" I raised my eyebrow.

Because you're dying, duh!

Right....dying girl here.

"The nurse had a doctor come in and said we should take you to the hospital." Dad chimed in, his face sullen.

"Am I dying?" I croaked out not caring if I cried in front of everyone. Dying people had no shame, they can cry if they so please.

Dad looked at mom and chuckled. CHUCKLED! He laughed at his dying daughter! Then Mason and Brie laughed, along with my friends.

Was I missing something? Did dying recently warrant people to laugh instead of cry?

"It's not funny, I'm dying you jerks!" I glared at all of them causing them all to laugh even harder.

"You're not dying princess, you just have a busted appendix that needs to be looked at." Mason chuckled. Dad glared at Mason-maybe because he called me princess, or because he was still too close for comfort.

Seeing his glare, I squirmed away. Mom on the other hand smiled at me then winked. I hope she didn't think anything was going on between Mason and I. He's-him and I'm me and we could never be.

Not because it was forbidden. But because I'd rather step on legos barefoot while waiting for my phone to update.

"My appendix is busted?" I repeated raising my eyebrow.

So I'm not dying?

"No you're not dying, so stop being dramatic." Mason rolled his eyes.

Did I just say that out loud? Man I should really stop talking to myself.