Chapter 9

*Layla's POV*

That night we invited Alex over to hang out. We were just watching movies and eating food, kind of celebrating him getting into the band. It was just me, Alex, and Cece.

"We're out of popcorn!" Alex shouted and started to pout.

"Chill bro, I'll make more," Ce replied laughing. She grabbed the over-sized bowl and walked into the kitchen. It was quiet for a few seconds.

"So what was that whole thing about earlier with Josh? What did he mean? You said you'd tell me." Alex bursted out, just above a whisper.

"One night Ce, the guys, and I decided to have our own small party, drink. Well by the end of that night I had hooked up with Jake and Ce and Josh had unprotected sex. She ended up pregnant, and because of Blake, yes the main jock Blake, she lost the baby and was hospitalized." Alex's jaw dropped. I continued with the story. "So around a month later Josh started doing things that weren't really good for him-"

"Drugs?" Alex interrupted.

"Yeah, drugs. So one day Ce and Josh got into a fight while he was high and he told her to get out, that they were done. She came home, tried to kill herself. His high wore off, tried to kill himself."

"So that's why they had broken up?" He asked.

"Yep," I stated as the microwave beeped. "Now, shhh. We don't talk about it, ever." He nodded with a look of concern and turned his attention back to the movie. I did the same. Ce walked in with the bowl, smiling.

"Back," she said, but her smile faded a little. "Alex what's wrong?"

"Nothing. Just really wantin' that popcorn," he said, laughing lightly. 'Good lie' I thought to myself, smiling slightly.