part one

You duck down shielding your head. And attempt to ignore the little voice in your head screaming in excitement that it's a dragon.

you stand back up and look at the charred mess that is your conforter. "Well at least it was old."

You still haven't looked at where the egg was. There's no way it could be what you think. They don't exist. Theres no way you favorite movie series are reality. And if they where why in the world would a dragon lay an egg in your bedroom?      You look at where the egg was.

"fuck. FUCK! ITS A DRAGON. ITS ACTUALLY A DRAGON WHAT THE FUCK AM I GONNA DO WITH A BABY DRAGON!" You panic how did this happen why did this happen why did a dragon the obviously left the hidden world have a egg, on you bed? Why did a dragon choose you to be left having to take care of a dragon! How are you gonna do this? FUCK!

"At least my parents aren't home. Or you little one," you pick up the baby dragon, "would be in big trouble." You have never felt happier your parents left you home alone. It had taken a lot of convincing. But they trusted you to take care of the house while they were gone. You may have been a teen and I was like 100% illegal but your sister checks in ever day for a couple hours, make sure your alive and all that. But this little cutie may complicate things.

You let the baby dragon choose how it wants to be held, years of raising kittens had taught you that if animal wants to be held they will show you how.

It chose to settle in similar to how a cat would, front legs on your should back on your arms. Only difference was steh fact that it splayed it's wings out all over. Completely limp.

"your pretty chill aren't you little guy? Or girl. I don't know how to tell, or of you even can right now." You put a hand in the middle of it's wing joints.

"hmmm. What kind of dragon are you? I should probably start looking up some stuff online to figure that out, shouldn't I?"

You use one hand to throw the ruined conforter off you bed, thankfully your mattress and sheets were fine. You'll have to grab a different conforter from the laundry room soon.

You lay down on you bed just chilling with the baby dragon on you chest, and just hope it's mom actually meant to leave it in your room. And how it got in cuz this baby is about the size of a large cat right now, so the mom had to at least be grunkle sized. And your windows, as open as they are, are not big enough for a grunkle. But your bed is right by the window, so it could have just rolled itself into the middle.

And looking at the dragon, it most definitely was not a baby grunkle. To smooth. Very airodynamic. Actually very pretty. Mostly a lightish grey, with darker speckles. Looked a bit like a storm cloud....

The dragon sneazes out a purple blast.     You turn it around quick enough to not get a blast to the face but your bookshelf certainly got quite the charring.

"okay! Your definitely at least some kind of fury subspecies! No other has plasma blasts! You don't look like a night light.... But! It's most definitely has been a while since the dragons went to the hidden world so furys most definitely could have gotten a greater variation in that time. Or unified into a more solid speices all together." The dragon looks at you quizialy. You laugh. It's so cute!

Honestly how did you not notice sooner? It's incredibly obvious.

You sit up genty holding the dragon steady, and walk to the living room. If theres a baby dragon in your room someone most definitely saw the mom and reported it.

You turn on the TV.

"what can only be called a dragon was spotted flying near the park earlier today. Police attempted to capture it but did not succeed. After many failed attempts the federal government came to the rescue and shot down the beast. It died during the landing say reports. But eye witnesses say it was shot with heavy machinery by the military-" you turn off the TV.

Tears start to slide down your cheeks. This poor little thing. It's mom is just gone. And she entrusted it to you, whether consciously or not. And you'll be damned if you don't take good care of it. But your gonna need help. Your not dumb. You know you can't do this alone.

(switching povs a bit this is getting on my nerves)

They pick up their phone awkwardly manuvering the baby fury so they don't drop it. Sitting down they turn it on and open up their phone app. Hitting a id that reads: sister, they start the call, putting the dragon on their lap. And quickly turning on the speaker sound.     "hey sis I might need your help. Not just your help. A lot of help actually."

"what? Why? You should be fine. Did something happen?"

"Uh, just a, uh, animal. Yeah an animal. I need your help dealing with it for a little bit."

"just put it outside or call animal control!"

"I really don't think that's a good idea."

"why?"

"i think it be best if you just saw for your self."

"ok. On my way over."

After two more similar conversations and two people not picking up. The door opened.

"hey! Where are you?!" The sister walks into he room spotting them sitting there with the dragon on their lap. She dropps her stuff.

"holy shit. Is that real!?" She rushes forward forgetting her stuff on the floor.

"yah. Burnt the shit out of my comforter hatching too."

"oh I bet! Don't they like explode when they hatch?" She tentative brings a hand closer to it. The dragon's eyes turned to slits and it hunched into the person who it bonded with.

HERE

"y-ES they do." They grabbed their sisers hand and put the other one on the baby.

They picked up the dragon so it was facing them. "Hey. It's okay little one. She's not gonna hurt you." They gesture with their head towards their sister, who awkwardly waved at the dragon. "Look." They put the dragon down and stood up. The dragon looked intently at their actions.

They gave their sister a hug and smiled, then backed away. Looked back at the dragon.       The baby dragon calmed down and looked once again content.

"I'm gonna have to this everytime aren't I?" They sighed.

"yup."Their sister laughed.