Chapter 3 Dat Party

It was the night of the party. My sisters were scrambling around. Yolanda broke her glass slippers already.

"DAT WAS SOME RENT MONEY!" Laqeshia was yelling. Sighing I rolled my eyes and went upstairs to get dressed.

The door burst open and the sisters and Carter walked in.

"WHUTCHU DOIN? ALL DRESSED UP?" They all yelled in unison. Laqeshia poured her grape kool-aid on me. My dress was ruined!

"I..I just wanted to go to the party..I be hearin it gun be amazin. I wanted to go.." I cried and ran out of my room.

I was sitting in the field crying when a blue light appeared, transforming into a human.

"GUH. WHY YOU BE CRYIN FOOL? I WAS SLEEPIN BUT NOW I GOTTA COME HELP YHU? GURL I NEED MY SLEEP! NOW QUIT CRYIN!" She seemed ticked.

"Who...who is you?" I was shaking..unable to know who she was.

"Linda. Yhur God-Auntie." She spoke.

I don't have a God-Auntie??

"You be a wreck. Here let me help with dat."

She started singing, "YOU A STUPID HOE YOU A YOU A STUPID HOE."

Sparks flew and I was transformed.

My weave was fixed and everything!

Unable to speak, I just stared at her.

"Close your mouth gurl, you be gettin flies! Now get goin. The spell wears off at midnight. You gun be a wreck again."

She waved her wand and my God-Auntie disappeard.

I stood up, running to go to the party. I tripped over something and flipped over. Turning around, I saw a bucket of chicken from Kentucky Fried Chicken. Praise da lawd.

"Thank yhu, Auntie." I whispered.

Smiling, I stood up. I decided to walk the rest of the way. I was so close you could hear the music! Nobody could recognize me!