Chapter Five

The Rose Guards were well trained, disciplined, skilled in their own way, but none of them were a match for Fang. Lilia knew this fact, so that is why she has only been summoning spectral warriors. They were resilient, immune to pain, and the most skilled warriors she had, apart from her commanders.

Three of them were sparring with Fang now: an elven archer, a swordsman and his demonpet, a spectral beast with two monstrous heads, and a spiked tail that it would constantly whip at Fang. Her Third would either dodge their attacks, counter or deflect them with her blade. Those attacks that did make its mark would pierce her soul.

When one of the spectral warriors would weaken to the point that they had to retreat back to their realm, Lilia would utter an ancient word and summon another in their place.

"Don't you think that you are pushing her?" Roland questioned.

From where they were sitting, he could tell that Fang was tired and on the verge of collapsing. For the last month, and for five times a week, Fang has done nothing but trained. Lilia wanted to build up her strength, her speed, and she even trained Fang for sponsor events that involved team or tag matches. The exercise that Fang was going through now was to build up her endurance.

Lilia looked at Roland and cocked a brow. "Compared to the training that I put you and Fenris through, I would say that I was going easy on her."

A loud explosion that rocked their seats got their attention. When they looked out, they saw that Fang was on the ground. Lilia leaned forward and waited anxiously. Roland leaned back and crossed his legs.

After a tense moment, Fang's body twitched. She coughed, then wheezed as she pushed herself up. When she was back on her feet and clearly ready to go, she roared, and the spectral warriors resumed their assault.

Lilia smirked.

"You're fond of her," Roland accused, poking her shoulder lightly.

"I'm fond of my many things," Lilia argued. Without taking her eyes off of the battle, she raised up her hand and started to list those things off. "I'm fond of my warriors, my house, that new Porsche I bought, chocolate, mind-blowing sex..." Lilia trailed off and hummed thoughtfully. She eyed Fang hungrily, because watching the fable fight seemed to always get her going.

A rare smile pulled at the corner of Roland's mouth. "Mind-blowing, was it?"

"It was good," Lilia said as she recalled that night. They haven't slept together since then, and now she was thinking of putting a remedy to that.

"Just good?"

"Well, she was tied up then, so now I have to wonder..." And wonder Lilia did.

Back in the arena, Fang had just delivered a devastating blow to the last remaining spectral warrior. When the swordsman managed to recover, instead of continuing, he dropped to one knee, bowed his head, and then he dispersed.

Fang nearly howled with relief and joy. She was too tired, though. So tired that she had to dig her sword into the ground and lean heavily against it. She glanced up and met the gaze of the person who has been putting her through these torturous exercises. "I'm getting really tired of your shit, Lady!"

Lilia chuckled haughtily. "Don't be like that, Fang. You're handling yourself quite well."

Fang scoffed. She straightened her posture, and every aching muscle and limb pulled at once. "If I'm doing so well, then when am I going to fight in a real match?"

"When I think you are ready," Lilia replied, "and you are not. You're holding back. There is something powerful in you, something you don't want to breach, or something you probably aren't even aware is there."