Chapter 5 Rinse and Repeat

A week goes by and this weekend proves to be the same as the last. Josh is working the entire weekend again and I find myself back up at camp to spend time with my mom and dad.

I wake all snuggled up in bed, with my parent's Chihuahua keeping me company this morning. I reach over for my phone that was charging on the shelf and I make the effort to be social on my social media. There is a message in my inbox that reads, "Hello, hope that you had a great week."

Oh my god, it is him, the person that I chatted with last week. I recognize his photo and read his name, Devon Chambers, that's his name. I have to remember him this time. It all comes flooding back. I forgot to look at his work, oh no! He is probably going to ask.

I answer back, "Hey, how are you?"

Devon responds, "I am good, it's a bright sunny day where I am. Are you up at camp this weekend?"

Wow, he pays attention. "Yes, just spending time up at camp with Mom and Dad."

"Oh that must be nice. What are your plans for today?"

"I am going to go for a walk in a bit, may jump into the hot tub and sunbathe later, how about you?"

"I am working on the final scene to my novel."

Oh no, we are going there. What do I say? I make up a lie. "I have been having problems with getting Wattpad to download. I haven't read your sample yet but I plan to."

I wait and he responds, "That is okay. I want to tell you something and hope that you don't get bothered by it."

I reply, "Ok" Is he going to comment on my own book?

"I hope you don't think any different of me. There is a scene I am writing, it's an intimate scene and I hope that when you read it, that it doesn't change your opinion of me."

What could he be referring to; I hope he hasn't written some really messed up stuff. I answer, "As long as it's nothing weird like eating each other's poop, I'll be ok with it. Please don't tell me that it is anything messed up." I reply with a sad face and wait, oh god; there is a pause with his response. I am biting my nails over here.

He answers, "Laughing over here, no it's just a good old fashioned romp in the hay. It's intimate and my fantasy."

I exhale okay good this is still a normal sounding guy, I reply, "Okay, I won't mind it and am actually looking forward to reading it." He has me curious now. Let me see, can I get this Wattpad with the weak reception here at camp? I love my phone but at the same time, I hate it because sometimes a simple download can prove to be difficult. Sure enough, I do the search and the application loads onto my screen, wonderful!

"Devon?"

"What's up?"

"I got Wattpad to work. I am trying to find you. Are you using a pen name?"

"Yes, try D. Chambers."

I find his sample, "Great, I got it."

"Okay wonderful. I got to grab yours too. I am on it."

"Thanks Devon, I'll write a review when I am finished."

"Okay great, I'll do the same, I promise."

"Alright, well I'm going to go start my day, talk to you later."

"Okay bye."

Wow what a nice guy. I put down my phone after looking at his profile picture; he is pretty cute. He has short brown hair, brown eyes and a clear complexion. He is yummy with that masculine look to him, he appears confidant which is hot in my books. I wonder what he is like in person. Anyway, it's not like anything would come of it. I am married. I think he likes me, I can't put my finger on it but I sense something and it's a nice feeling to know that I still have it.