Rhyme Crime

This chapter is dedicated to bacutie4eva because her story about the McLane boys is the reason I got hooked to Wattpad in the first place. I wish she had completed it:( Jake <3

Also the picture I've put is who I imagine Dylan as.

After a sleepless night, courtesy of my brain for replaying all the scary bits of all the horror movies I had seen in my 16 years all night, I trudged to the cafeteria. I put on my usual baseball cap and jogged to the Main Cabin where breakfast was taking place in full swing. There were pancakes and waffles and cereal and omelettes everywhere. I grabbed some chocolate milk and plopped down next to my girls.

"Aw my poor baby," Betty cooed at me. "You didn't get much sleep did you? I can tell by your eyes."

"It was so freaking scary," I frowned and received looks of sympathy from them.

"If it makes you feel any better," Alex started. "Sally farted all night."

"The whole freaking night," Betty gripped my hand. We all burst out laughing.

Chad arrived at our table followed by a gloomy Dylan. "Guys meet my roommate, friend and distant cousin, Dylan."

Everybody at the huge table chanted a general hello and Dylan rolled his eyes and sat down beside me. Chad plopped down next to him.

"Dylan, this is Clara, Betty and Alex," Chad proudly introduced us.

"Don't really care," Dylan muttered.

"Oh man, have you seen the gym!" Chad was unaffected by Dylan's sourness. "When we go back after summer we are going to be shredded!"

"One problem though," I interjected. "I heard you gotta have high levels of testesterone to gain muscle." Shouts of "Burn!" sprung up around the table.

"So you are a bitch to everyone," Dylan stated.

"Nope, as I said before, just to assholes."

"Hey!" Chad actually looked upset.

"Hahahhaha Chad I was just kidding."

"Clara, listen-" He was probably going to give me a whole lecture in front of everyone about how sorry he was about the whole Maddy situation and how I had to move on and not be bitter.

"Gotta go," I stood up and scooped up my poptart and milk.

As I headed up to the door to leave Dylan jogged to catch up. "I'm coming with. You might be a bitch but its better than hanging with that loser Chad."

"I don't like that word," I mumbled pushing the heavy doors open.

" 'Chad?' " Dylan asked innocently as we jogged down the few steps and into the camp clearing together. "Yeah, noticed a bit of history there."

Ignoring him I went to where the counsellors stood to sign up for the day's activities.

"Leaf collecting?" Dylan raised his brow. "Seriously?"

"Half the day, no people, in the forest," I signed my name onto the sheet. "Yes please."

"Oooh sounds fun," Dylan said grabbing the pen but I stopped him from signing up.

"No no no no," I said directing his hand to the gym paper. "There."

Skipping off I got a bottle of water and jogged through the forest until I was deep within. I lay down on a large flat rock and stared up at the canopy of trees and thought of last year.

I applied the vanilla lip gloss to my lips and looked at my reflection. Alex grinned at me, her lips black as she was going through the goth stage.