Letter Number One

Taylor POV-

Journal Entry #1 

Monday, August 12, 2013

I was in English class today, and we were given the assignment to have a pen pal. Except, our teacher decided to give the addresses she wanted us to use, instead of actually letting us find our own pen pal. I am writing this to you from under the willow tree at the park. Our teacher, Ms. Donavan, each handed us a piece of paper with a address on it. My letters would be going to some place in London, England. A small part of me is excited to start this assignment, while another part of me wants to just accept an "F" for it. Ms. Donavan said to write at least one letter each month, for as long as we'd like, but five months is mandatory. We have to send our first letter before the end of this week, which would be August 17, 2013. I plan on writing my letter tomorrow during break, and sending it after school. Nothing really interesting, or important happened today, other than the pen pal assignment.

~Tay <3

I closed my journal and got up from my spot under the willow. I thought that I should probably go back to the apartment now, the one that my best friends and I own here in London. We moved here just a little over a year ago to start over. I started heading towards our little apartment that I shared with Eleanor and Selena. When I got to our apartment, Elle was watching TV. Selena wasn't there, so I was guessing she was still at work.

"Where were you Tay?"

"The willow tree, where else Elle?"

"I know, I got lonely, Selena is still at work and you were gone for a good hour."

"I'm sorry Elle. Anything new happen while I was gone?"

"Not really. What do you think about the pen pal assignment thingy Ms. Donavan gave us to do?"

"I think it's cool, but I wish I had an address from somewhere other than London, you know?"

"You have a London address? I got an address in the US."

"Lucky. What state?"

"Um, I think it's California."

"LUCKY! I want to go there some day."

"Me too. When are you planning on sending your letter?"

"Maybe tomorrow? You?"

"Friday. I don't feel like writing the letter today. Too much to do."

"Oh, Elley. When aren't you complaining that we have too much to do?"

"Almost never. Do you think Selena will be back soon?"

"Yeah, she should have coffee or something for us too."

"Oooh, food!"

"You and your food. I'm going to start the letter now. Do you want me to work on it out here with you, or can I work on it in the kitchen or something?"

"Stay here with me! Please!"

"Okay, okay, I'll stay here with you."

"Thank you Taylor! I Love You!"

"By Avril Lavigne?"

"No, not the song, I was actually saying that."

"Oh, I love you too."

I smiled at Elle who smiled back. I went to our spare room, which was across the one I shared with Selena and Elle, to get some paper so I could start writing my letter. Once I had gotten paper, I walked back out into the living room area and sat down near the window. Once I was all settled down, the door opened and Selena walked in with three cups of coffee in her hands. Elle immediately got up and took the coffee from Selena and gave a cup to me. She put another cup on the table in front of her and started drinking the cup she had.