chapter 10

Max's POV

When Katie and i saw took a closer look at her mom she looked pretty beat up. Her mom had lots of bandages all over her and her leg had a cast. I patted Katie's shoulder and held her tight. "Katie your mom is going to pull through." i said. Katie just nodded. A doctor came in the room and asked us to leave since they have to take more tests on her mom. I told Katie that we have to go now. She just stayed still and didn't budge."Let's go Katie" i said a little more louder. The doctor called in some security and grabbed Katie and dragged her. Another guard grabbed me and dragged me out of the room.

Katie's POV

I felt Max patting my shoulder like my dad use to. I had tears drop down my face. A doctor came in the room and told us to leave. I just ignored him. He then called in security and they dragged us out. I tried to resist but these guys were tough. When they through us out i started sobbing so much that i couldn't stop.Max got up and pulled me up. " Come on Katie I'll take you to my place" Max said. I didn't have the keys to my house so i just nodded. We walked to his car and he opened the door for me. I didn't want to tell him that i had feelings for him since that would probably ruin our friendship and I would be alone in this world again. Once he drove the car ride was silent the whole way. Until he pulled into his driveway he finally said "My dad isn't home since he works late at his job." I just shrugged. We walked into his house and it was pretty big on the inside. He asked if i was hungry and my stomach growled.

Max just laughed he then pulled a pack of Doritos and threw it to me. I'm not the best catcher but i caught it. After a little while Max came out with spaghetti and meatballs with smelled good and said he needs to get something.

Max's POV

After i told Katie i need to go to a errand she just nodded gladly. I went out the door and checked my wallet it had $50 in it. I quick drive later i was at Starbucks (a.k.a white girl trap) and got her a cappuccino and i got a latte for myself. I came back to the house and Katie was watching TV and a gave her the cappuccino. She was looking at my latte. She looked at me then the latte then latte,me,latte,me she just took my latte off of my hands and was drinking it. I got the cappuccino and finished it then i sat next to Katie on the couch and was starting to eat my spaghetti when Katie asked me "Max do you like anyone." I looked at her and told her: " Katie I love you your the person that I love."