Cute Barista {Akira x Reader}

Tick. Tock. Tick. Tock.

'Any day now,' you thought as your eyes flickered towards the clock. The hands on the clock felt like they were mocking you about how much time there was left during class. Your eyes flickered downward towards your lap where your phone had been resting.

You wanna hang out after school? One of your friends had texted you.

You had quickly responded back, wanting to accompany them. Fortunately, classes lately have become more lax in distributing work considering it was only a few weeks till summer vacation would arrive. Though their request had sprouted questions in your mind. What actually was this place called Leblanc?

You could have sworn you've heard about the coffee shop once or twice from a few classmates, but you have yet to visit the place until now. As soon as the bell had rung for dismissal, you bolted for the door with your bookbag slung across your shoulder.

"Hey y-n!" Your friend had shouted from across the hallway, bobbing and weaving past the cluster of high school students also rushing to leave the school grounds. "You ready to go to Leblanc?"

"Yup! How'd you hear about this place anyway?" You asked curiously.

Your friend tapped her chin softly in thought. "Well, one of my friends had brought up Leblanc during one of our conversations. They said that the coffee and curry they sell there are delicious, so I thought why shouldn't we check the place out today?"

She leaned in close enough to add on in a loud whisper, "I overheard that Akira works there too."

Akira Kurusu. One of the new students to attend your school, Shujin Academy. It was quite catastrophic during his first time coming to class. You could remember the exact expression your homeroom teacher, Ms. Kawakami had on her face when the dark haired boy had entered the classroom. Annoyance. Disbelief. Practically everyone in the room was on edge. He was supposedly to be rumored to be expelled from his last school for supposedly assaulting a woman on the street.

You couldn't believe the nonsense all your classmates had been spewing. He was just a new student yet everyone in the class seemed to be targeting him for an incident that they knew little about. For all they knew, he could have been blamed. You didn't dare believe the lies. Besides, you couldn't help but admit that he was quite handsome and mysterious. That was the impression he left on you at least. You couldn't say the same for the rest of your classmates.

"C'mon y-n! This could be your one chance of actually talking to him!" She explained excitedly, enthusiastically clapping her hands together. She was practically gushing in anticipation for you to finally speak with the glasses-wearing boy.

"I suppose, but isn't he working though? I don't think he'll even have time to chat with us if the reviews for Leblanc are as positive as I've heard them to be. I'm sure it'll be a full house." You admitted, ruling out the possible scenario of Akira ever approaching either of you for a conversation.

Your friend shrugged her shoulders with a small pout, "Hey, you never know. I was just listing off a possibility. Besides, I think Akira is a pretty good guy in general so I think he's a great boyfriend candidate for you."

You let out a chortle of a laugh, shaking your head at your friend's antics. "Since when were you hooking me up with Akira? I don't think I was ever informed of this?" You questioned her with a bittersweet smile.

Your eyes widened as she suddenly grabbed your hands within hers affectionately. "I just want one of my best friends to be happy. Also, have you actually seen Akira? He's a total cutie and hottie! That duality should not be allowed," She gushed with a bubbly grin.