Not in a good way....

Not in a good way!

Glorfindel was annoyed, no, he was genuinely pissed off and there was nothing he could do about it. He stared at the back of the rider in front of him and if looks could kill then that despicable old grouch of an ellon would have been deader than the Balrog he once slayed!

Glorfindel had been fuming for days, first he was ordered by Elrond to escort this terribly spoiled scholar from the coast, he had visited Imladris and insisted on visiting Mirkwood too, to widen his horizon as he so elegantly put it. That the journey was long and dangerous was obviously nothing he cared about, he got guards with him right? Glorfindel had to baby sit the darn ellon all the way to Mirkwood. And when they had arrived there and Glorfindel hoped that they now could return home to relative peace and quiet it just so happened that Thranduil didn't have any warriors to spare and so Glorfindel and the three other warriors chosen for the mission had to stay there for two whole weeks and guard the scholar also on the way back to Imladris.

Staying in Mirkwood wasn't that bad, he had been there before and he had liked it, he had learned a lot and he had hoped to relax and perhaps join the Mirkwood warriors on their patrols. But no, he wasn't so fortunate, in fact, the scholar demanded that Glorfindel spent every waking hour in his presence just to make sure he was safe. After all, the Silvan were less wise and more dangerous right? Nobody could really trust them or what?

On the way to Mirkwood the scholar didn't really act so bad, he was too busy making notes of everything he saw and he did bother the other three warriors with stupid question even an elfling should have been able to find the answer to just by using common sense. Aradhelion had then gradually started to seek the company of Glorfindel more and more and the golden haired warrior was getting more and more annoyed. It was obvious that the scholar was deeply impressed by Glorfindel's reputation and he asked questions all the time. Glorfindel sometimes wanted to stuff something down his throat just to make him shut up.He knew that the ellon was someone who had served under Gil-galad just as Elrond had but Glorfindel seriously doubted that this ellon ever had seen a battlefield and if someone tossed him a sword he would probably end up hurting himself seriously.

At night Aradhelion had been shivering like a mouse in front of a hungry cat the whole night long and he would jump and squeak if there was the smallest sound, if one of the horses farted he would scream like a little girl and if a squirrel or another animal showed up he would act as if he had spotted an army of bloodthirsty orcs. The warriors were tired of his nervous behavior and also of his constant nagging and complaints. The ground was too hard to sleep on, it was too cold, too hot, the horses did stink, the clothes he was wearing was smelly too, the food was boring and not worthy of someone as highly regarded as himself. And when they arrived in Mirkwood it got worse. Oh of course he didn't complain or nag in front of his royal highness Thranduil or his son prince Legolas, he was terrified of Thranduil and whenever he saw the monarch he would bow and be nothing but grateful and praise everything a little too much for it to sound convincing.

Glorfindel had to listen to every darn speech coming from the old idiot, it was obvious that he wasn't too impressed with Mirkwood after all. He was complaining about the room he had gotten even though it was one of the best guestrooms they had, the bed was too small, the servants lazy, the food too well cooked, they used the wrong spices. His bath was too cold and his newest robes had arrived wrinkled up. Glorfindel could have strangled the guy. Then Thranduil did throw a party and Glorfindel knew very well how much fun you could have at one of those parties, he was looking forward to it and he had caught the eye of quite a few very well made ellith and a couple of ellyn too and he wouldn't mind getting to know them better, much better. He hadn't had decent sex for months and was starting to get a little stressed out. He did really need to get laid, he should get compensated for the horrible job of baby sitting the driest and most boring person ever.