||3||

Chapter 4

His face tensed up and started turning a different color.

And at this moment, all my confidence dropped like a stripper on a pole and I ran.

Davis jetted out the CEO quarters and, I, in the opposite direction.
Not in the best direction either. More like into his office.

I locked the door before getting behind his desk, bracing myself.

Not a minute later did he unlock the door, slam it, and re-lock it.

"You are pregnant." He stated. His face was twisted in a sneer.

I nodded.

"You are pregnant?" He asked this time.

Okay, this is weird. I just nodded again

So you may be wondering, how did we get here?

Let me rewind.

Earlier That Day

"Davis. I literally can't even FIT my dress pants anymore. My skirt, I'm hippy as hell and, what is that smell?" I paced back and forth on the wood floors in my bedroom. Not only am I running out of time to figure out if I want to keep this baby or not, but the jellybean is already bloating me.

"Well...Mel...maybe you should wear a maxi dress?" Davis cautiously spoke up from behind my bedroom door. After my rampage earlier when I realized that I'm growing at a speed I wasn't comfortable with, he decided to stay in the hallway.

I almost feel like I am further along than I think, but there is no possible way. It was a one time thing. I remember it clearly. Too clearly.

Wouldn't mind taking a trip back, huh, sis?

Ugh. Even my mind is like a dog in heat. "Davis, is it possible to be this far along, or look this far along? Or am I just fat?"

Silence.

"You aren't fat Mel. You're pregnant. Have you thought about getting an ultrasound? Maybe that'll help you understand what's going on in there. Wait...Mel, what if you're hella fertile and you got like a squad of them in there?"

"Them? You mean babies Davis. I hope not. I can barely feed myself, how do I even feed an extra person at that?"

"Baby daddy can buy ten Lamborghini trucks, right now. Just cus he wants to. I think money wise you'd be fine"

Hmm. True. I nodded my head. I walked to the door and opened it. Davis leaned up from the bar where he was perched.

"I don't know Davis. The man is a certified..well, whore. I don't even know why I slept with him to be honest. I don't regret it cus let's be real..."

We both met eyes. He knew where I was going. The man is fine. Gorgeous. Apollo. Crafted beautifully. I, well, I know I'm not the Beyoncé of his world, but I'm a certified Black queen for sure.

"...it was a one time thing. A baby is for life Davis. I don't even know how to be a mom. My parents will kill me. I don't know his and I'm not even sure culture wise if they'd be open to him having a baby with me. Two totally different social classes, and I work for him. There is so much wrong in this."

Davis sighed before walking up to me and enclosing me in his arms. Having a friend, that just knows you, and is platonic at that is a relief. I fell into his embrace more. Dang, what if I do have like 5 kids inside of me? That's so weird to even think about.