41

The strong smell of Alcohol was the first thing that hit Richie's senses when he opened the front door. It wasn't unusual, but he preferred such activities to be done in the basement.

Suddenly, there was a loud smash, followed by soft groans and whimpers.

"Hello!" He called, making his way swiftly towards the sound. When he reached the kitchen, a horrible sight  met his eyes.

It was Ama, curled up in a ball, covered in blood and wine. Broken glass spread all across the floor and some wedged into her skin.

She was clearly drunk and had tear stains all over her face.

"Ama, what did you do this time." Richie said, frantically rushing to get her up.

"Leave me. Leave me." She fought back. "Just leave me to die."

The words were like a stake through Richie's chest and he worked hard to swallow the lump in his throat. "Now why would I do that, huh sis? Let's get you cleaned up, I'll call the others to help."
Ama fought Richie off as much as she could, but soon, exhaustion got the better of her.

It didn't take long for the others to arrive. Richie, insisted on bathing Ama himself, but let Yulia tend to the wounds she'd sustained. Bulldog, Donny and Phoebe, set to work on the kitchen in silence.

Once everything was clean and Ama was in her night gown, they all gathered in one of the ground floor guest rooms.

"Don't you dare scare us like that again, Ama." Yulia said, wiping the tears from your eyes. "Don't even think about it."

"Yeah, what was the reason this time?" Donny sighed.

"I'm sorry you guys, it's just... Elick threatened me... I... I didn't know what to do..." It was a lie, and everyone knew it.

"C'mon now people, let's let her sleep." Richie announced, ushering the begrudged friends from the room.

But before he could leave, he felt his sister tug at his shirt. He turned, seeing her innocent looking eyes look up at him, begging him to stay a little longer. It reminded him of when she first moved in, and didn't want to sleep on her own. How she would pout and hold onto the toy unicorn for dear life.

"I love him." Was what she said.

"What."

"Graham, I love him Richie. But he can't know, you most never tell him. I love him more than I care to understand."

"So what in the world made you think to kill yourself."

"Because he hates me."

"No, he doesn't. He's just confused. Look, how about I take you out on Friday. He's sure to be clubbing that night. We'll doll you up,yeah. Put on a sexy number. You'll be irresistible, then we'll see how jealous he gets." Richie smiled at his bright idea.

"Will it work?"

"If you love him like you say, fight for it. Forget Eric, the Migosa, the danger. Just focus on getting your man back. Now get some rest."

Ama nodded, wrapping her arms round Richie's neck. "Thank you."

"Anything for my little sis."

Graham decided to close early, it was a Friday after all. It also meant he didn't have to see a smiling Ama leave her building, looking like nothing had ever happened.

She'd even waved at him as she passed in her limo. He missed her more with every passing hour. But that was not an option.

He spent the afternoon at the gym, working out all his pent up frustration. But he didn't want to spend the night alone.