What's Wrong × and × What's Right

I wrote this for grins and giggles some time ago. There isn't much to it, but it exists, I guess.

~•~•~•~

This was all so wrong.

The way your legs rested on either side of his. The way your left hand laid upon his shoulder. The way your right hand caressed his jaw. The way you gazed lovingly into his dark, fuchsia eyes in a manner most would be repulsed to see you show him. The way you brushed your lips against his for fleeting moments shamelessly. The way you made yourself vulnerable to him.

This should have never occurred.

While your friends and allies risked their lives on the battlefield in their best attempts to stop a powerful force whose might could possibly spell the end of all humanity, you were handing your heart out to that same being on a silver platter, making their efforts seem like jokes. While your friends threw themselves at the enemy in futile endeavors to rescue you from someplace you did not wish to be saved from, you spat on their assays and ridiculed them.

Maybe the unintentional betrayal stemmed from the fact you had no knowledge of even your own allies' plans and ideals in the current moment.

Maybe the heart is simply a misleading figure, revealing long and twisted, labyrinth-like paths one traverses to reach some form of an ending coinciding with one's morals, goals, and wishes held closest to them.

You knew not, but you did know you wanted nothing more than to be near, with, and beside the male before you — to remain with him until the end of forever — despite what may be true. It was a rather possessive love that forced you to be near him, else you might just die. This type of love made you appear obsessive and possibly even desperate to the untrained eye of one who knew nothing of the situation at hand.

Meruem.

The male who completely sent your body and mind into a disarray unlike all others. You would tear out your heart for him if he ever made the call. He precariously held your fragile life in his hand, and he knew it.

Maybe that was his reasoning for treating you in such a tender and compassionate way. It seemed almost as though he was scared of breaking you in some fashion. Perhaps that was the explanation for him oh so gingerly holding your hips, almost obviously trying to be careful.

Compared to him, you were most certainly fragile and delicate. Hell, even a simple poke from him might just shatter you. You were both hyper-aware of that fact, yet you would still choose to remain vulnerable to him.

"Y/n," Meruem breathed softly, your name spoken like that of a delicate yet venerated and perfect goddess, immediately causing you to freeze and give him an inquisitive look.

"Yes?" You responded, your tone just as quiet.

"Why do you care so much about a creature like me?"

You tilted your head to the side, mulling over the question for a few brief moments.

"Because I want to," you decided before pressing a light kiss on his nose.

He sighed but chose to not pry any longer, finding the answer to be barely satisfactory. Besides, it was not likely you would give up any better reply.

Meruem pulled you in for a gentle embrace, and you did not object. He could drag you by the ankle over a bed of nails for all you cared — you would still love him. You allowed your body to be some form of clay he could do whatever he wished with. You would always comply.

It was probably unhealthy, but neither of you cared. Nothing mattered to the two of you except this moment. It was a drug you both were absolutely addicted to, unable to get clean.

It may have been wrong, but it felt so perfect.

The way you dragged a finger lightly across a section of his tail, as if memorizing every minute detail of him. The way he buried his face in the crook of your neck as if he was attempting to get as close to you as physically possible. The way your hand slid down to his neck, softly caressing him in a loving fashion. The way he nuzzled against you, still trying to get closer.

It may have been wrong, but you were both certain of one thing.

Nothing ever felt so right.

~•~•~•~