CHAPTER 15

CHAPTER 15
[FAMILY OF GAMERS]

September 26, 2016
Atienza Residence
5:11 PM

[Philip]

Upon hearing that Maynard's brother was an immediate member of The Lethal Tempo, we decided to see him in their home. Except Niccolo, of course dahil "vile" daw ang ginagawa namin. Kaya umuwi na lang siya.

"You guys are pretty well-off, huh?" Apollo complimented as we walked the stone pavement of the Atienza Mansion.

Yes. It is a mansion. Ang akala ko malaking bahay lang. May estate pala silang pinagmamay-ari. I asked how big the whole estate was; Maynard said that it was around a hectare big. Mas malaki pa rin pala ang kay Lolo. Ugh. No wonder.

After passing by that big living room in which three maids greeted us, we came to the room of Maynard's brother.

"Pasok kayo." Maynard invited and both Apollo and I entered what seemed like a fine room.

Isang tingin mo pa lang, alam mong gamer ang may-ari ng kwartong 'to. White walls, gaming posters, black walk-in closets, and a very big computer chair which I only see big time streamers use. And of course; the setup of the personal computer is every gamer's dream. He's using a very pricey set; peripherals, system unit, monitor, mouse and keyboard, all were guaranteed to be pricey.

Nakita namin ang kapatid ni Maynard na naka-upo at naglalaro kasalukuyan. The back of is computer chair was facing us. He glanced to his side a bit since he knew that his brother and us were here, then he returned to playing. Ang nakikita lang namin sa kapatid ni Maynard ay ang black at blue headphones na suot nito.

"I know, I know, medyo magulo ang kwarto ng kapatid ko. Pagpasensyahan niyo na." Maynard apologized since, he noticed that we were looking around the room. Huh? Wala naman masyadong kalat, except for some pile of books in a corner.

"Oi hindi ah? Ganda nga eh. Streamer ba kapatid mo, kaya gan'to?" I asked.

"Ah yeah," he said and motioned us to sit down on the long couch near the window. "may gaming channel kasi siya sa YouTube and he also has fans watching him on other stream sites. Alam niyo naman, usual gaming stuff."

We heard several knocks on the door and it opened. A tall muscular man about his mid-twenties wearing a fitted shirt with a pair of cargo shorts, and who looked like a carbon-copy of Maynard, went in. He was holding a tray with filled with baked stuff, a pitcher of what seemed like Iced tea and cups. May headphones din siyang suot na katulad ng sa nakababatang kapatid ni Maynard. Kuya ni Maynad siguro.

He smiled to us as he went in and placed the tray on the coffee table in front of us then we heard Maynard's brother complain.

"Dad naman! Dalaw naman po sa Top. Hindi ka na gumagalaw sa base oh? Nakuha na nila 'yong Drake. Goodbye extra movement speed."

Nag-iba ang facial expression ng lalaking may dalang tray at sumimangot habang nakatitig sa computer chair. "Anak, I just gave our guests some refreshments, which you didn't offer man lang when they entered your room. Di kita pinalaki ng ganyan."

What? Dad ang sabi ng kapatid ni Maynard? 'Dad'? 'Pinalaki'?

The man turned to us and smiled again. "Pagpasensyahan niyo na 'yang anak ko ha, at hindi kayo inasikaso. Mamaya ko na kayo kausapin pag tapos na ang game namin ah?"

'Anak ko'? Huh?

He winked at us and left the room quickly the same way he immediately came in. We both turned to Maynard with eyes wide open. "Tatay mo 'yon?" Apollo and I yelled in sync.