Chapter 9 - The Devil May Care

PEPSI'S POV

Seeing the look of defeat on Jake's face is so fucking ecstatic, like high on drugs kind of ecstatic.

I felt like I'm some kind of a Hollywood female action star as I walk out the door amidst those eyes that are all over me with their mouths that are so big a whole dinosaur can fit inside them. I can even hear all their comments, and they make me want to crush their brainless skulls into pieces.

"Damn! What a total bitch!"

"I can't believe she did that to my future husband!"

"She could be Satan's relative. I've heard that her parents are members of a demonic cult."

My hands lock into fists. How dare them to say those blasphemous things about my parents? They can say anything and gossip about anything they want about me, but they should keep my parents away from this.

Don't I have any rights to teach spoiled fuckers like Jake a lesson like that? It was probably his first time encountering such an incident with a girl. 

Well, he asked for it. I have already warned him several times but he's really keen on his goal which is obviously a stunt to feed his bloated ego. If killing is not a crime and a sin, I have probably killed all guys who think they're God's gift to women.

He's also a certified try-hard in flirting and it comes off as irritating rather than sweet because of the screaming fakeness.

Try harder, Jake Snyder!

Ohh, it's rhymes, Girl!

For sure, if I have shown any signs of romantic excitement from that supposedly sweet action earlier, his ears would have probably danced and his unbelievably huge ego would have already exploded just like a stupid supernova by now. Then he will have these stupid high-fives with his equally jerk of friends and they will throw a party out of my naivety.

It's just like those shitty Wattpad stories where a guy makes a demonic, ugly, emotionless, antisocial, witchyinsert all of the other shitty, negative, and dark adjectives here fall in love with him.

Why can't he just be contended with his looks and fame? Is toying with women's feelings necessary? The fact that I'm his current target is infuriating me and I can't believe that he even considered it. 

Well, good luck to him then.

I saw Zeus and Sierra rushing towards our classroom's direction and my eyes met the latter's glare. Jake most probably told them already.

"Aside from being fugly, she's also cruel. I mean, who does that?" From the looks of it, Sierra acted like she just whispered that to Zeus but her eyes were on mine and her voice was so loud people from the South Pole could have heard it. 

She should not dare mess with me if she doesn't want to be turned into a slutty frog...

I breathe in, then breathe out. Calm, down, self. Calm down...

I chose to ignore the bitch and head straight to the library to read anything that can be helpful to my life and studies while waiting for my next class.

*****
I'm having a hard time absorbing our teacher's explanation right now. I try to concentrate and follow through with his PowerPoint presentation, but I can't seem to get a particular incident out of my mind and of course, I'm talking about what happened this morning.

I admit, a little part of me is bothered about it. It was really mean of me, but he deserves it, right? He deserves to be taught a lesson sometimes, as he has already been spoiled with all these women's attention.