3 - Guinea Pig

Your POV:

I woke up the next morning, tired and slightly dazed from the night before. I couldn't believe I'd let a complete stranger stay with me a night, but there was something about him I was hopelessly drawn to. We seemed so similar and we got on right away, making me think maybe there was something between us. Some kind of connection.

I got out of bed and put some fresh clothes on. I wore black skinny jeans and a white v neck shirt, and tied my hair up into a ponytail. I looked out the window to see Edward in my front yard, practicing his alchemy with his new transmutation circles. He looked up, noticed me, and gave me a huge grin.

"Hey, Y/n!" I giggled and waved, walking down the stairs and grabbing a apple. I went outside to see what he was doing.

"Hey, fellow alchemist!" I sung, stopping a few metres away from you. "I see you're settling in well." He smiled at me again and looked down at the objects he'd made.

"I really never thought I would've been able to do this ever again. You... you saved my alchemy." I blushed and shook my head.

"Woah, you would've realised at some point!" I replied quickly.

"No, Y/n... I thought there was one gate of truth. I would've never found out." He said, looking directly at me. "Thank you." I smiled at him and shrugged.

"No worries." I blushed a little at his gratefulness but quickly suppressed it. "Anything else I can help ya out with?"

"You've done enough." He replied dismissively, looking down at his transmutation circle. His eyes widened. "Wait... do you have a phone? Can I call my brother?" I grinned at him.

"Sure, follow me."

Edward's POV:

As we walked side by side I couldn't help but stare at Y/n a little. Her h/l hair fell beautifully and framed her perfect face, and her e/c eyes glistened in the sun. She had a small smile on her face. She wasn't only pretty... she was intelligent and interesting too. She looked over at me in confusion.

"Elric, whatcha so interested by?" She sung, causing me to chuckle.

"Don't worry."

"Well, here's the phone. Enjoy!" She joked, saluting me and walking away. I was still smiling from Y/n's cheerfulness when Al picked up.

"Hello?"

"Al! It's me."

"Oh, brother! How's it down in the west?" Alphonse asked me.

"Great! I met this girl on the train and she's letting me crash at hers. She's so smart, Al. She got me my alchemy back."

"What?! You can perform alchemy again?" Alphonse screamed through the phone, causing me to sweat drop.

"Yep. All thanks to this girl." There was a brief silence on the other end of the phone.

"Ed, I cant believe this. You not only have your alchemy back, but you also have a crush?"

"W- what?" I stuttered, my cheeks turning red. "N- no no... we're just friends. I literally met her yesterday."

"Mhm. Well... we're finally free of the burden of getting our bodies back. You can do what you want now without feeling bad."

"Sh- shut up!" I yelled through the phone, causing Y/n to stick her head around the corner.

"You good?" She asked, laughing. I awkwardly scratched the back of my neck.

"Yeah... y'know, siblings."

"Ah yeah." She laughed a little more and then walked away again.

"Al!" I whispered through my teeth while he laughed at how flustered I was.

"Man, I wish I could see your face right now!" He breathed. "Anyway, I gotta go. See you soon!"

"Sure, yeah. See you soon." I hung up and walked back into the kitchen where Y/n was sitting writing down some alchemical formulas. I sat opposite her and looked down at the formulas intently.

"Whatcha writing there?" I asked her. She looked up and smiled sweetly at me, causing me to blush slightly.

"Well, my newest theory is that I could make muscle and body parts out of discarded materials to get my sister's body back, but it's taking a while to figure out. Imagine if alchemists could make body parts like that... so easily...." she sighed and put her pen down. "It's stupid."

"No, it's amazing." We locked eyes for a second before we both looked away, blushing.

"Thanks, Ed." y/n replied awkwardly, chuckling. "Anyway, anything in particular you wanna do in the west? Anyone you wanna see?" I shrugged hopelessly and she laughed.

"Well, Elric, you're a bit hopeless." She smiled and clapped her hands together, putting them on the table and creating a map.

"Well, here's the closest town to this house. It's called Azumat, and it's where I grew up." I gestured to a point on the map. "I know someone who could teach you more about this kind of alchemy than I ever could, and I'm headed there anyway to meet someone so I can introduce you guys." I nodded and smiled at her.

"Sounds great."

She grinned at me before gesturing for me to stand up. I followed her out her house and onto the local train which was going to take us to the town.

"Will you tell me more about your alchemy ideas? Maybe I could help." I suggested, tilting my head to the side. She blushed for a second before nodding and leaning in.

"So when I say discarded materials... I mean DNA that we can extract from blood samples. If we can isolate that and extend that logic to alchemy, I reckon there's amazing untapped potential." I blinked a few times.

"I thought my language was hard to understand." I commented, causing her to let out a laugh.

"Yeah, well... nerd at heart." She chuckled. "But I'm yet to find people who will let me use samples to try and recreate their limbs. Obviously it's a risky process."

"Y/n, why didn't you say so?" I said, slightly surprised. She widened her eyes and a smile began to grow on her face.

"You mean it?" She said excitedly.

"As long as you keep helping me with alchemy and introducing me to people, I'll be your guinea pig." I laughed as she pumped her fist in the air and gave me a hug, causing me to blush slightly.

"O-oh, sorry..." she said awkwardly, blushing and pulling away. "I just got a bit excited."

"Don't kill me." I said lightheartedly, causing her smile to widen.

"Well you better not get on my bad side, Elric."

The train pulled up to Azumat, and for the first time in a while I felt like my life could have purpose again.

AUTHORS NOTE:
Hello!! I know this doesn't have many readers but enjoy hehe (◕‿◕✿)