Chapter Seven

____________________

Arthur had no more opinions on sunsets. They were pretty, especially at sea. But now he just had bad memories about them.

Every so often when he saw one, he would be reminded about how often he would watch one with Francis back when he thought they were in love. Back when he thought he'd be happy.

Now, however, he couldn't stop imagining how breathtaking Alfred looked in the sunset's rays. How the sailing wind would sweep his hair and make his golden locks shine. How nice it would be to spend this time with him, watching the sunset. How cheesy and sappy it sounded nowadays. If Francis could hear his thoughts right now he would never let him live it down.

Francis had insisted they share one of those expensive bottles of wine while he was on his ship. Arthur hadn't even invited him into his cabin, he just imposed upon him insisting that they talk about things. His red coat, which he only really ever took off in the privacy of his cabin, lay resting behind him on the chair. Of course, everything was still on his belt.

Leading such a dangerous life like his own had taught to never let himself be caught off guard.

Arthur didn't really hate wine. He just never happened to like the wine Francis gave him. It never tasted enjoyable. Of course, alcohol never tasted quite that great. It was alcohol after all. He just couldn't understand why Francis liked it so much. There were a lot of things he never understood about Francis after all. Their past love and passion for each other were usually fueled by lust after all.

It only scared him more how different his love for Alfred felt.

"You know, " Francis began, breaking up the silence that had crawled over them. He glanced over at Arthur from where he sat in a chair beside Arthur's, facing the windows. "Antonio won't leave us alone until you comprise."

Arthur only glared slightly into his wine glass. Ah, of course. Carriedo. Oh, how he wished he could tear him apart and throw his corpse into the sea. "He knows well I will not pay him even a cent of what he claims I owe. Perhaps one day those stupid carbohydrates will finally affect his brain and knock some sense into that rock he calls a brain. It makes me wonder how he has risen to such a title."

"You have to remember his crew has come to respect him over the years. What he may lack in brains he makes up for in brutalité. He does anything to get what he wants if he has to." Francis said kindly. He smiled gently. "He will get tired of your clever little tricks, mon bouton."

"I don't care if I have to pound it into his skull. I am not doing anything for him. If he asks me again I swear I'll hurt his stupid first mate." Arthur said harshly. Honestly, Antonio gave him a headache these days. How he has to rise up in fame like this with him following so close behind irritated him to such great lengths.

"So harsh Arthur." Francis mocked, grinning smugly. "You know, his little tomato Lovi reminds me a little of your petit Alfred."

Arthur scowled at Francis. Of course, the French frog of all people had caught on to how Arthur acted or looked around Alfred. Of course. "That's absurd. Besides, why would you care about one who doesn't concern you?"