Preview for my New Story!!!

The title is: Rubys are nice, but Diamonds are better

Starring: Ruby!!!

Summary:

Ruby doesn’t think after school life is all it’s cracked up to be.  In her early 20’s, she doesn’t need to be concerned with getting married but it’s all she can think about.  It doesn’t help that she is suddenly receiving wedding invitations by the day.  Her friend from high school.  Her younger sister. When will it end?  Also, she can’t help but think she should have been marrying her high school boyfriend. Ruby wants to find someone, but she is constantly turning down guys because she’s looking for the perfect one.  Which makes finding someone hard, does it?  Can she find someone? And if she does is he really the one for her? 

Sneak peak:

You have been cordially invited to the wedding of

Jack Stoner

And

Katy Meiser

Saturday June 11th, 2017

Ugh, I’ve been dreading this day.  One of my high school friends is getting married.

And me I don’t even have a boyfriend.  I haven’t had a long term boyfriend since my senior year of high school.

That would be ok if it weren’t for the fact the rest of life isn’t exactly a fairytale.  

I’ve been in a dead end job for almost a year.  

I live with my parents.  

And my younger sister who just turned 21 is engaged.

I know I sound like every girl who is in my position, but it still sucks.  All my friends from high school are either in happy long term relationships on their way to marriage or super happy with their career. I’ve always felt overshadow by them.

.................

 “Hello Ruby Burke, how can I help you?” I answered the phone, early on Friday morning. It was raining again, though when does it not rain in Oregon in March.

“Hey Ruby it’s Nicki, I’m running late can you stall my clients, offer them bagels or something.”  Nikki said.

“Alright, see you soon.”

Nicki is a first year audit associate at the firm and the only one even remotely close to my age.  I got this job because my dad’s friend, Peter is a manager here.  He is always out on business, so is Nikki because they are both in audit.  Besides those two I hate everyone else.  The partner is an old crazy man, but he doesn’t even do anything anymore.

“Ruby, can you scan these documents to me.” Mary, a batty old lady, yelled at me.

“Yes of course Mary, would you like them in a certain order.” I asked her trying to be nice.

“No but please do it fast and scan them the correct way this time.” She said.  Honestly I’m pretty sure I scanned them the right away last time. She was in a really bad mood, actually she’s been in a bad mood since beginning of January, see this is our busy time.

“Ok” I said trying not to get on her bad side.

“Where are the bagels, I thought Larry was bring them.” She said to me.

“He hasn’t come yet I said.

“Well ring me when they are in.” she said, not that she needs the calories.