Chapter 6: First Day of School

"Ariel, wake up. You have been sleeping since yesterday evening." I heard someone talking to me. Her voice sounded familiar. Oh, crap. It was mom. I opened my eyes slowly. 

"Good morning, mom," I wished while trying to sit on the bed.

"It's afternoon Ariel. Get cleaned and eat your breakfast," she pointed at a food tray placed on the table.

I looked at the tray: chocolate pancakes and orange juice, my favorites. I smiled at my mom. She was well dressed, never seen her wearing like this before. Maybe she was going somewhere. 

"Mom, are you going anywhere?" I asked. Yesterday's memories came flooding back. It scared me.  

I had to eat my bread yesterday night. That little kid threw all the food. I can't believe it. How could a small girl like her do something so evil? The whole family must have the evil gene. 

"Ariel, are you listening?" 

"Yes, mom. Anything?" I asked back. I forgot that mom was still in the room.

"I'm going out with Nathan. Nathan's niece, Ros will accompany you. She will be in the living room. Hmm..Ariel, I heard you shouted at her yesterday for bringing your dinner to your room. She is just a small kid. So, be good to her. See you at night," she kissed my forehead and left the room. 

Exactly, that little evil child is just a small kid. But do not underestimate her. She was a pure breed of devil. Wait, what did mom said?

I tried to remember. She brought dinner to my room? What the heck? She threw my dinner in front of me. 

Prepare for my wrath kid, I thought. I inhaled and exhaled continuously. Be calm. 

I took a quick shower and got dressed. A blue shirt and black jeans would do for today. Tying my long brunette hair, I took a glance of myself.

Satisfied with my appearance, I walked out of my new room. Walking down the stairs slowly, I looked up, down, left and right.

Ariel Wisdom No. 3: Be prepared for anything and everything.

 I was surprised when I entered the dining hall. Ros wasn’t here. Hehehe. I quickly grabbed a plate and finished my lunch. I brought my plate and glass to the kitchen.

I was mesmerized by the classy and sparkling kitchen. Wow, it was two times bigger than my new room. I walked in and decided to do my dishes.

“Well, hello Ariel,” I jumped hearing Ros’s voice. Oh my God. I almost got heart attack. I didn’t reply. After done with the dishes, I turned and leaned on one of the cabinets.

“Hey, Ros.” I replied and gave her an evil smile. Surprisingly, she smiled back. Pure evil smile. Wonder what she had for me today.

“Let’s go. We are late.”

 “Where?” I asked.

“Found out yourself.” She said while walking away.

I just followed her. I knew that I’m walking into the tiger’s den. Who knows, this might be a chance to get back to her.

She never said a single word during our journey. About 30 minutes later, the car stopped. I stepped out and was standing in front of a huge mall.

I followed her into one of the shops. I saw a lot of expensive cloths hanging around the shop, women’s cloth especially. I was trailing my finger through few dresses when Ros called me.

“Here, try this,” she said to me, emotionless. I took all the cloths, which consists of skirts, blouses, dresses, few shirts and jeans. I was surprised. Unbelievable. She was being so nice to me. 

I tried all of them and showed to her. She didn’t seem satisfied. She bullied me to try almost every type of cloths available in the shop. I just followed her order. I mean, who would refuse beautiful and expensive cloths.

I was so damn tired by the end of the day. I was relieved when she finally decided to stop and paid for selected cloths using credit card. I didn’t even know which one that she chose.

I happily walked out of the shop just to enter another shop. I sighed. After another try out session, we were finally done, I guessed. Yup, she called the driver. The driver was waiting for us by the time we reached the mall entrance.

When we reached home, mom and Nathan were already there waiting for us. We had dinner together, for the first time. 

“So, how was the shopping? I saw a lot bags just now,” mom asked happily.

“It was fun, mom,” I smiled. I just wanted her to be happy. I didn’t want her to regret leaving our house. At least, she was happy with Nathan. Although he hated me for all the reason I didn’t know, I was glad he cared for her.

The next three days passed by so fast. I arranged my wardrobe, cleaned my room, watched movies, read story books and emailed Sarah most of the time.

Mom told me that I’d be attending school starting Monday. I forced myself to think positively. Yeah, like that would ever happen. Would anyone make friends with me? What if Nathan hired some bullies? Ggrrrrrrr…..

I turned and tossed around the bed most of the time. I gave up and glanced at the table clock beside my bed. 6.30 am? Oh God. I was too nervous and excited for my first day at new school that I didn’t get enough sleep.

I only took around 30 minutes to get dressed. I didn’t waste time on make-up or styling my hair. I grabbed my sling bag and walked out of my room.

Mom had wished me luck yesterday before going outstation with Nathan. She never told me anything about her or Nathan’s job. I have to wait until she can open up to me.

I ate my breakfast and waited for Ros. Mom said Ros would show me the school.

“Well, it’s getting late. You want to leave or not?” Ros asked leaning against the door. Yeah right! I was waiting for her since who knows, and she was questioning me.

“Let’s go then,” I replied, didn’t want to delay any longer.

About 15 minutes later, the car stopped. We stepped out of the car and I watched the car leaving. I wondered why Ros got out of the car. I inhaled and looked around. I was confused when i registered my surrounding. I stared at Ros and caught her devilish smile.  Oh no. I was so not prepared for this. 

Hello, what do you think? Can you guess what happen next? Do give me your feedback and thank you for reading. Don't forget to vote.