11

Cairo's POV

"Did you have to pack your whole room?" I groan as I set the last box of Isabella's stuff in her room.

Isabella graduated high school in the top 2% of her class and chose to attend USC on a volleyball scholarship. USC allows freshman to live off campus so Isabella decided to rent her own apartment with Scarlett.

Turns out Scarlett's letter from USC came two days later so they had an unnecessary fight.

Scarlett graduated high school as the salutatorian and is going to USC as well on a volleyball scholarship. The girls live 5 minutes from campus and 15 minutes from our house and 20 minutes from the Heath residence.

"I didn't pack all of my room." Isabella mumbles.

"Just most of it." Lindsey teases.

"Mommy." Isabella groans. "You're suppose to be on my side."

"Sorry baby." Lindsey says and kisses our daughter's head.

"Come on." I say. "Let's get all this unpacked."

The three of us spend the next couple of hours putting stuff where Isabella wants it, hooking up her electronics, rearranging the furniture to her liking, and decorating the room.

During the summer Isabella asked me to draw her some stuff for her apartment so she, Lindsey and I would have weekly drawing dates where I would draw whatever Isabella wanted while my two girls just chatted while mindless drawing.

"Where do you want these?" I ask and hold up the drawings of Lindsey and myself.

"Over there." Isabella says and points to her vanity.

Lindsey takes the framed drawings from my hands and puts them on either side of the vanity mirrors.

"Perfect." Isabella says.

"That's everything." Lindsey says and sniffles.

"Mommy." Isabella says and hugs Lindsey.

I let out a shaky breath then join the family hug.

"I love you Isabella."

- - - - -

"Mama?"

"Hello Princess." I say and hug my daughter.

"Hey Mama." Isabella says.

"Ugh. I missed you."

"I missed you too Mama."

"Where's the wife?" I ask.

"She's with everyone in the living room."

"Let me guess." I say and remove a pan from the stove. "All of them are gushing over their granddaughter?"

"You'd be correct." Isabella says as the rest of our dinner guests enter the kitchen.

"Hey Scarlett." I say then hug my daughter-in-law.

"Hey Mama C." Scarlett says.

"Hey Christen...Hey Tobin." I say then hug two of my best friends.

"Look Aspen." Lindsey says as she rocks the baby in her arms. "It's your Grammy."

"Hey pretty girl." I say then kiss the little girls head.

Isabella proposed to Scarlett the day they graduated college then they got married 10 months later and Scarlett took Isabella's last name. The girls did very well in college and won national championships in both their sophomore and senior seasons. After the girls got married both Isabella and Scarlett started a fashion line they've been doing it for the last 7 years. Isabella focus more on the business side of things while Scarlett designs the clothes.

Like everything those two do their fashion line is a huge hit and for the last two years they've had shows during New York Fashion Week.

Almost 2 years ago Isabella and Scarlett decided to have a baby and a year ago Scarlett gave birth to a healthy baby girl named Aspen Elena Horan.

When the girls told us they were having a girl they also told us their favorite names for their daughter. Their favorite name was Aspen Elena which I didn't have the best reaction too when I heard it since that's what I was going to name my kid at 15 before everything happened.

After the girls left Lindsey and I talked and my wife got me to come to terms with the name and now I love it.

"Ugh I missed your cooking." Christen says.

"Dig in." I say with a smile.

As everyone grabs their food I walk over to my wife.

"I don't think I told you this today, but you are absolutely beautiful." I admit.

"Cairo." Lindsey says while blushing. "I'm 56."

"And you are still the most beautiful woman in the world." I say then Lindsey hugs me.

"We have a pretty great family."

"Yeah we do babygirl." I say then kiss her head. "Yeah we do."