32 | repeat

'thirty-two

"jun, i don't know what to do anymore," haechan cried, bracing the warmth of his friend's arms as they laid on his bed. it was a friday afternoon, but they were nowhere near the serenity that was meant to come with the joy of the upcoming weekend.

renjun stayed quiet as haechan continued, "why won't he even look at me? he could at least have the balls to say something... god, now i'm blaming him. this is all my fault. i'm a misery to everyone."

"that's not true," renjun denied immediately as haechan looked up at him.

"name one person who i haven't let down."

"me," he retorted. "i can't believe you just asked your best friend that."

haechan only buried his face deeper into renjun's lap.

"hyuck, all i can say is move on," he sighed. "maybe in the short term it'll hurt more so that in the long term you'll be okay. you'll find someone better. everything happens for a reason after all."

haechan turned response-less, making the chinese boy purse his lips. "mark's hurt you more times than he can make up for. i know it's hard, but i need you to get through this."

again, he brushed his fingers through haechan's soft hair as the two shared a solemn silence, a silence which spoke a thousand words.

"i don't want to," haechan mumbled, wiping his nose. "i can't let him go. not yet."

renjun looked over at the house opposite them, one which held a tall and strong facade. everyone inside it was anything but.

"i can't change your mind," he finally said, standing up as haechan moved his head onto his bed. "but i want you to rethink your choices. i have to run some errands. will you be okay alone?"

the latter nodded slowly. "renjun, come here."

frowning, the chinese boy stood forward as he curiously watched haechan sit up on his bed. they stared at each other before haechan reached forward and pulled him into a wholesome embrace.

"thank you," he muttered into the nape of his neck, and renjun could feel the moisture of his tear-stained cheeks. "thank you for putting up with me."

"what are friends for?" he replied, shooting him a tight smile as he pulled away. "i'll see you at school, hyuck."

haechan watched renjun walk out of the room without another word, and he felt his lips curve upwards. he didn't know what he did to deserve a friend like him, but he was glad to have renjun in his life.