Chapter 2

Flashback appear though out this story, they are marked in the titles and are shown in italics.

Bella's POV (Flashback)

I woke to the sound of her sneaking into our room, flashing me a big goofy smile as she stumbled over the windowsill. She was wearing her boyfriends leather jacket and though it was far to big for her, it still seemed to accentuate the curves of her body, revealing just how much more healthier she was than me.

I glared and shook my head at her casual demeanour, as she strolled over to me and dropped onto the mattress beside me.
She sighed heavily and smiled to herself as she got comfortable.

"Moms gonna kill you" I muttered looking over at her as she grinned up at the ceiling, shaking her head in reply.

"it doesn't matter" she added, obviously unable to wipe the smile from her face.

"You were gone for three days Anna, trust me, she's gonna kill you" I said trying not to sound snarky, but becoming more and more curious as to why my words didn't seem to penetrate her good mood.

She rolled on her side, her downcast eyes softening as she took in my expression.
"I left a note" she argued faintly as her fingers grazed my arm.

"I've written shopping lists longer than that note" I scoffed.

"I'm sorry, I was gone for so long" she said thoughtfully, tucking a lock of my hair behind my ear. I rolled my eyes and shook my head, unable to stay mad at her, even though she deserved it.
"Where were you?" I asked with a sigh, changing the subject.

"I had to take care of something important, but I wont go again. I swear" she promised as she continued to sooth back my hair, trying to rid me of my bad mood, knowing I was only worried about her. Knowing I lived on the edge, waiting for someone to tell me something horrible had happened to her.

I rolled onto my back and she mirrored the movement, moving closer into my side so she could rest her head on my shoulder. Her closeness relaxing every muscle in my body, as though I was never fully whole when she wasn't with me.

"God, he's gorgeous Bella. You did well" She said after a long moment of silence.
"I don't want to talk about this again Anna" I said in a flat tone. Wondering how she could continue to bask in events that would only happen once she was gone.

"Besides, you said no more specifics" I added smugly, as I reached down and curled my fingers into hers.
"This boy deserves specifics, you can't rush over someone who looks like that. Trust me. Edward is very easy on the eye" She said letting out a dry laugh as she spoke.
"Well I feel sorry for him" I said with sarcasm flooding my tone.

"Why?" she argued.

"What normal boy deserves to be with a headcase like me?"

Within a second she lifted her head to look at me, locking her eyes with mine.

"Don't ever say that again Bella, don't even think it. Your not a headcase. Your not." She demanded, making me feel bad for causing that look to appear on her face.

I let me sights drift back to the ceiling, as I nodded lightly in agreement, not wanting to have this argument yet again.
Though I don't know how she could assume that I wasn't a complete mess of a person. She had been taking care of me for years and she still couldn't see that I was broken beyond repair.